There is a website below that is offering 250 matte finish business cards - quite a nice selection. You only have to pay shipping which is around $8.00cdn. I think this is a Canadian site so US VA's will have to check for offer down south. The only 'catch' is that on the back is Vista's logo - but hey, they're free applause.gif and maybe a potential client will know you need the work if they see it. Anyhoo, just thought I'd let you know since starting up can be expensive.

www.vistaprint.ca

My daughter used VistaPrint's cards for her candle business and they are quite nice. She lives in TX so they're available in US too.

Rita

I used VistaPrint for my very first business cards. I'm just not all that impressed with them. I'd rather pay the $50 and get good cards. They are the lasting impression people have of your business.

Just my opinion, don't throw rotten veggies at me smile.gif

I design my own in Publisher and print them at 48hourprint.com

Guest CindyHillsey

I'm with Candy...I create my own in Publisher and upload them to 48hourprint.com. They haven't disappointed me yet! smile.gif

I agree with Candy & Cindy as well. Often, your business card is the very first impression a potential client will get of your business - you want to make it first class and memorable.

Just my penny.gif

smile.gif

I would never throw rotten veggies at anyone on this forum Candy. I'm glad I brought it up and will take your advice. I'd like to put this out to anyone on the forum as to where they get the business cards. I don't have Publisher yet so I think my first lot will be ordered. I looked at Future shop on the w/e but they don't sell any business card stationary. I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

(I think they means weekend)

(LOL, well, I know some people think VistaPrint is just the best thing since sliced bread so I always worry people will think I'm nuts - too late, I know - when I say I don't like them).

I think 48hourprint.com has a design online thing. Otherwise, buy Publisher, it's pretty easy to use and it's GREAT practice. I think it's around $100 (maybe?)

Yes, w/e does mean weekend. Now I'm a little confused. I just stumbled onto another thread (not on this section) and VistaPrint's praises seem to be sung fairly highly. You know what I think I'll do - Since the first 250 cards are free and will only be $8.00 out of my pocket for shipping, I will go ahead and if they aren't any good, I'll find some somewhere else. Seems as though quite a few people are using them so I may as well give it a try.

Okay...I, too, have used VistaPrint. I will tell you that when I did order my first-time biz cards, they were fine. I didn't do anything fancy smancy, but they did look professional enough to me...and I never had problems with anyone receiving my cards...they all actually liked them (so a tomatoe at YOU!! Just kidding, of course!) But with that said... You really really do have to be careful with the type of card you use and graphics, though. I agree they are not "top of the line" cards.

I thought about doing brochures through them, but didn't. I purchased postcards....ummm...eh...I think I might do those by myself, too, but I will tell you that they are GREAT for something that you want to hurry and get done if you are pressed for time (as I was when I got the postcards).

Not everything is hokey that you get from them. It's also the way it's put all together. For the money, it's not so bad. If you have the time to create yourself, then by all means...do that. If you don't, then Vistaprint can be an option. It just depends. If you are going to be advertising that you do DTP, you may not want to use them for your own marketing materials.

I always have run low on money to spend for my own marketing materials, so that's why I used them initially. I LOVE creating that stuff, but it's just the getting it all printed and done that was the costly part of it all!

smile.gif

I would never throw rotten veggies at anyone on this forum Candy. I'm glad I brought it up and will take your advice. I'd like to put this out to anyone on the forum as to where they get the business cards. I don't have Publisher yet so I think my first lot will be ordered. I looked at Future shop on the w/e but they don't sell any business card stationary. I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

I wouldn't go to Future Shop for stationary, if they do sell it, it will be more expensive.

However Business Depot/Staples will be a better bet, they'll have more of a diversity of card stock to choose from. I bought some good quality Avery card stock with micro perforations, then sand the edges smooth. Makes for very nice professional cards that I print myself. wink.gif

Rob.

I use VistaPrint for my cards and magnets...and the post cards I've done for clients. I just create everything in photoshop and upload it. I got 500 cards and 25 magnets for $50 and I'm pleased with them.

I wouldn't get the free ones with the vistaprint logo on the back. I just don't think it's professional for a VA.

Guest Snoodrey

I ordered my business cards from Office Depot over a month ago and still have over half of the thousand cards left. I should be good for a few months at this rate. For $20 I won't complain...chances are I could not do that cheaper myself!

Gerry T - Kenderdine Virtual Office World

http://va.vanetworking.com/kenderdineoffice/

Oh geez. Something so simple. But I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was even in the context of their sentence.

And I have to agree. Sure, Vistaprint can serve a purpose for many people, but when it comes to marketing your business and establishing your own unique brand identity, it's just so important to have something original done up.

Plus, Vistaprint is sooo widely used, the odds are high that whoever you give a card to will at some point get a card from someone else identical to the template you chose.

Hi Ladies,

I just want to say that if your budget does not allow for an original design and branding to be done then Visaprint may be a good alternative. But I definately agree with Danielle. When your marketing your business, if your budget allows, an original logo, business card design, branding ect... is so important. It gives your company a very professional look and I think clients/potential clients really respond to that.

Good Luck!! :D

Christine