So I put up an ad for my services about two weeks ago. I made sure my services were affordable ($5 per hour) and I got into great detail about the services I offer but no one has contacted me yet. Its starting to get frustrating but I don't want to quit. What should I do? I tried networking and promoting my services but nothing is quite helping it!

On 12/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, Zoe Thompson said:

So I put up an ad for my services about two weeks ago. I made sure my services were affordable ($5 per hour) and I got into great detail about the services I offer but no one has contacted me yet. Its starting to get frustrating but I don't want to quit. What should I do? I tried networking and promoting my services but nothing is quite helping it!

Hi Zoe, 

It takes time for your potential clients to get to know, like and trust you. You are on the right track so don't give up. You need to make sure that you out there every day connecting on social media.  One thing that helped me was joining in specific Facebook groups and conneting with my ideal target audience  I engage in those specific groups more than others. I follow their rules and i connect with the admins in those groups too. I have had several client referrals that came from this process. But it takes time to develop those relationships.

Marie Mason, Owner of CM Virtual Assistant Agency

"We help your business grow one webinar at a time."

Hi Zoe and welcome to our network. To learn more about you and what you've been doing to promote yourself, maybe you could share that with us? What is this ad you are speaking about that you put up? Where and what is that? Other questions I have for you...

1. Do you have an social networking profiles set up and if so which ones?

2. Do you have a website and what is your URL? A website is a VA's storefront and highly needed to show credibility online.

3. Where are you located as your hourly rate is quite low unless you are offering this for a short time as a special to increase engagement with new prospects.

vainsiders.jpg

I posted details on my VA services on Fiverr and have since joined multiple freelance sites in hopes of securing a job. Yesterday, I started a Facebook account and have joined several groups where I have posted and promoted my services. I do have a website that I created on Wix.com and its running but I think it still need plenty of improvement like getting a domain. I offer my services at $5 because I want to attract clients but I'm not so sure about my rate anymore. What should I do?

Zoe, here's a few blog posts I've written to help you find clients:

https://www.vanetworking.com/how-to-find-clients-virtual-assistant/

https://www.vanetworking.com/how-to-find-and-retain-your-clients/

https://www.vanetworking.com/connecting-with-clients-locally/  <<< Quickest way to get new clients)

Hope that gives you some more ideas to find clients :)  

vainsiders.jpg