kimmer

First draft of letter to S.B owners,

Looking for a Lifesaver

Hello Small Business Owner!

Are you running into some snags when it comes to getting Referrals?

Do you have Marketing questions? Human Resource questions? Increasing your Revenue questions? Do you wish you had a group of like-minded Small Business owners to bounce ideas off of/offer support? Well this is the kind of group I am trying to get off the ground in the Tri-Town and area. We would be a Networking/Referral Group, meeting Bi-Weekly to actively exchange Referrals and discuss timely topics important to our Businesses! Only one Company per Profession would be instituted. Which would provide the opportunity to acheive stronger Business Referrals! We would start this group after the chaos of the Holiday season. If you are interested in becoming a founding member of the Group and helping with the innitial structure…where/when/policies/procedures/etc. Please call or e-mail me.

I feel that this Group would be of great benefit to us all!

An individually wrapped lifesaver will be stapled to corner of page, what do you think of the letter? no holds barred!

IMO...this is a great idea and good letter. Here are just some ideas that I had when I read it...

take out the word some:

Are you running into some snags when it comes to getting Referrals?

Initial is only spelt with one "n"

Group and helping with the innitial structure…

Start a new paragraph here:

We would be a Networking/Referral Group.........

Nice job Kim! :yay:

Hi Kimberley! :)

* I originally posted this in the wrong place, this is where I meant to give my two cents. *

I love the idea, only question is have you checked with Lifesaver if you can use their TM in your marketing material? If not, they could sue you for trademark infringement. Once something is trademarked or copyrighted, then the "owner" has all control over how that "name" is to be used, and where their name is to be marketed.

I know I keep mentioning copyright and trademark issues throughout this forum; however, I am simply trying to watch everyone's back! Please accept that I bring this subject up again, only because I care.

Edited by NaomiBlvs

Once again you bring up a valuable and important point!!

Thr letter is just in the draft stages....so I will get hold of them and find out if it's ok.

Hi Kimberley! :)

If they don't want you to use it, how about Life Ring? You could still add the candy because you are not using the trademark in the marketing campaign. (I think, still research to make sure I'm not off the mark on this.)

Then maybe you could tweak your PR by incorporating the Life Ring theme.

Third sentence could change to: Is your business drowning because you do not have a group of like-minded Small Business owners to bounce ideas off of and offer support?

Fourth sentence could change to: I am building a Life Ring to help save drowning businesses in the Tri-Town and surrounding areas, with the ultimate goal of bringing them to solid dry land.

Just an idea to help get your creative juices flowing.

P.S. Sorry, I just got another bolt of brainstorm lightening. How about forgoing the Lifesaver candy, and going to a craft store. Find tiny Styrofoam rings, or a piece of Styrofoam that you could "punch out" life rings. (If the craft store does not have punches, a kitchen store probably has tiny metal cookie rings. Check the gourmet section.) Then take a piece of white string and tie it to one end of the Life Ring. Make a tag with your business logo, name and contact information on one side (or use your business card), on the other side the Life Ring Network/Referral Group information. Punch a hole in the tag (business card) and tie the other end of the string to the tag. Draw a few black lines around the Styrofoam ring so it really gives the impression of a Life Ring. They now have a Life Ring that will not disappear in their tummies and they might even hang it up on their bulletin boards as a reminder to give you a call.

Holy Crap!!!!

Your a freakin Genius!

I'm throwing out the lifesavers and hanging on for dear life to the "life rings"

Can't say it enough....gladddd your back! :D

lol, if I was a genius, I would have clients! :) If you don't mind, I may incorporate your initial idea of the Life Ring/Lifesaver into my future business marketing campaign. Something to the effect of how I can be a life saver to all those businesses out there.

That is what this forum is all about, teamwork! If everyone can feel comfortable in helping each other out, then we can all grow to be successful.

Best of luck on this PR campaign.

Edited by NaomiBlvs

You guys are sooooooooooo smart....glad to see the networking working between you all. If you wonder why I am quiet lately, mainly because I'm swamped with personal events right now....UGH! Can't wait to breathe abit again soon ;)

Tawnya

Incorporate away Naomi!

The life ring is a grand idea!

I couldn't find any small styrofoam rings aywhere! but the boyfriend (a great woodworker) said he had these little wooden thingy magigys in his shop, that would be perfect.

Well he drilled holes in a few to show me, and they turned out perfect! I whitewashed them and there perfect. I just have to find something to make the red marks on the ring like the life preservers have.

I think I'll use a fat red marker, that should do it.

Yeah Tawnya! :)

That's why you have moderators on the forum, Kimberley, the other moderators, and all the forum groupies will be happy to hold down the fort.