Sign in to follow this  
Sanya Agrwal

Ranking at the Top of Google

First, getting your website to the top page of Google is hit and miss. We don't know specifically how Google's algorithms work so never any plain picture of how to get up there. Google's whole mission is "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful".

If a user searches for some specific thing online, Google will provide that user with the best content they feel matches that query taking into account things like:

• The relevancy of the content on a webpage with respect to what the search typed in the search box
  • The quality of the content (are others linking to that page means it's probably trustworthy content - called PageRank)
  • Usability of a webpage (is it easy to use, is it fast to load, does it work in different browsers, is it mobile?)

I really recommend checking out Googles Guidelines first and foremost and doing whatever Google says to do. ;)

Saying that SEO professionals like myself will always tell you that content is king still on the internet so I recommend:

1. Make sure the content is of high quality and useful to your target audience.
  2. Researching keywords that your target market will be typing into the search engines and then using them in your content. I recommend putting these keywords beginning, middle and end of your content on your page. Also might want to use keywords in your headers, your image descriptions, title and meta tags, etc.
  3. Any images you use, name them using your keywords too.
  4. Getting links to your website from other reputable websites that have similar content has also shown to give your website trustworthiness if others are linking to it.
  5. Making sure your website has good navigation that is easy for the user to scour through your website. You might want to name your pages using keywords. ie) https://www.vanetworking.com/hire-a-virtual-assistant/
  6. Make sure your website can be viewed on everything from a desktop computer to a tablet or cell phone. Make sure it's mobile.
  7. Don't forget to help people find you on Google by using Google my Business.
  8. Spreading the news (your URL) at your social networks will increase traffic to your website so I do recommend using social networks to market yourself. 

There's no guarantee and od this works but I've seen good results in the past doing these things. ;)

That should get you started on your rise to the top. :)

vainsiders.jpg