Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connie McVicker

Returning Long-Time Member and Getting Back into the Saddle

Guest Connie McVicker

Hello everyone! I'm Connie here in Tennessee. I owned my own virtual business from 2006-2012 and pretty much lived here on VA Networking during that time. I had the pleasure of other opportunities that I followed, but have been reflecting over the last two months of where I want to go, and have determined that I miss my business, all my VA friends (it was a LOT!) and being able to work with people around the world.

I am still trying to determine what my focus will be exactly and if I should go with my previous business name or just start anew. That said,  services I offered previously was primarily designing websites, designing custom logos and website graphics/ads, business branding, and promotional materials everything - business cards, letterhead, flyers, brochures, post cards, t-shirts, etc. My last job was managing the websites of a large school district, over 50 sites and I built them in a WordPress Multisite platform. Me, one person, and no assistant should tell you that it took my sanity to say the least, ha!

So here I am 👋 😀

As far as my personal life and what I love to do...well, I have no personal after working non-stop for a school district for 5.5 years! My one activity is coaching Rec league volleyball in both the Fall and then the Spring seasons...it's a passion to go slap a volleyball around and get out frustrations while coaching young children who become my family...oh, and it is volunteer, we don't get paid, but the girls are worth it. I also have a 9th grader and a 5th grader...I still have a long way to go!

Connie McVicker
Business Name TBD

Hi Connie. Welcome back! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm sure that you'll return to a full swing in no time.  Are you going to offer your previous services or go in a different direction? 

Hi there...you too! I will definitely have a main focus on websites, and branding/graphics/promotional design. I have a few other things that mesh with same areas...just making a plan...but also have some ideas that are not even close to these areas - they may come later though. Still contemplating and analyzing :)

Connie 

Connie great to see you back here! I love the support and networking in the VA industry and glad you missed us ;)

Kudos for you for looking after websites of a school district. I remember applying for a job like that when I worked at the school board but senority won me out and I never got it. But glad I didn't now as it led me to becoming a VA. ;)

Looking forward to hearing what you call your new business and if you want us to vote on your final ideas, just post and we will. There are so many services you could offer nowadays, what are you some of your favourites?

vainsiders.jpg