TrustedBusinessVA

NEED HELP ASAP!! - Working with Clients

A potential client messaged me on freelancer.com, they advised me that they were an artist trying to bring their artwork online. One of my duties would be collecting payments. But they said there are two options on how I  can collect payments, which are as follows: 

Option 1: Checks will be mailed to my address (home business address) and then I deposit them into my own account which then I keep my part of the pay and funds needed to complete services and ten I transfer money to the Company account. 

Option 2: I have my own bank account and add the clients company account as an external account so customers will send their payments to the company account and then I can transfer funds back and forth. 

But the thing is, is the thing is, is he told me when I am adding the company as an external account onto mine to say that I am the owner because external accounts are usually only for the owner of the external account. 

Honestly, both options sound a little bit fishy to me. So I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience and if so what happened? Is it safe to do this. 

When I told him that in the past a potential client wanted me to do the same thing but with option 1 and it turned out to be fraud that is when he told me about option 2. 

Please help. Thank you 

Both are scams. Anytime you need to deal with cheque cashing and transferring money, make a mental note they are most likely scams. The client should be buying your monthly retainer/services and you doing tasks for them, period. Not shuffling money around.

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Just ignore them, don't waste your time responding back. They are scammers! Put that email into your spam box and click delete ;) Don't let them suck any more of your energy out of you. 

• Like 1

vainsiders.jpg

Anytime you feel paranoid or worrisome about applying to a job, there's probably a reason behind it. Your gut is telling you this isn't the way it is supposed to be. Listen to it. ;)

Have you tried our job board at VAinsiders.com yet? We don't have as many jobs come through as the big boys but we do our best to vet out the scammers and instead entice high-quality clients.

Just one client from our job board can pay for your whole year with us. ;)

vainsiders.jpg