topshelfva

Pitney Bowes Telemarketing Fiasco!

Arrrggghhh! :angry:

I am so furious with Pitney Bowes. They called me yesterday morning to tell me all about their new personal product. I told them I was not interested and if I changed my mind I would go to their website. (I was nice.) Two hours later they called me again. (I was nice.) I told them they just called me and to please take me off their list. This morning they called. (I was not so nice.) I told them not to call again, it was the third time they called and I wanted my name off their list. (If you are thinking I should have put my name on the no call list, I did the minute it was available a month or so ago.) They called approximately two hours later. (This time I was plumb angry. I gave the young lady a good what for, told her to take my name off the list, I was reporting them to the FCC. I was so angry my voice was raised quite a bit. Fortunately for her, swearing is not in my usual grammar repertoire.)

I then called Pitney Bowes directly, gave them a what for, pretty much did not give the young lady a chance to speak. Her question to me? What product were they trying to sell you? (I pretty much lost it at that point.) I told her it did not matter what product they were trying to sell me, the point was they were to take me off their list and I was reporting them to the FCC.

I also told her I was a Virtual Assistant and would make sure to tell all other VA's on the lists I belong to, about my little ordeal. I also told her I would send in a report to the FCC each time they called me. I also told her that in a few months I might have the need to research various postage supply companies, I would make sure Pitney Bowes was not on my list!

I promptly sent a report to the FCC. FCC Complaint Form and FCC Home Page.

I am glad I have this place to vent!

Edited by NaomiBlvs

You did a great thing! :yay:

What I like to do to telemarketers is, as soon as they start their speech is ask them to hang on; put the phone down and don't pick it up again until I hear the computer voice say "please hang up; please hang up". ;)

Or you can ask them for their home number and aske them if you can call them back later tonight. "Oh, but we don't give out home numbers".........guess what I don't want you calling me either! :D

Sorry to hear you had to put up with that today, Naomi!

Jeanette...to funny! "Tell them to hang on while you walk away from the phone"!

When they ask for the "lady" of the house, I hand the phone to my 3 year old daughter.

They did this on Sienfeld once and I tried it myself (similar to what was mentioned above". I was just sitting down to eat (of course) when MCI decided to call me. I told the guy I was busy at the moment but would love to talk to hime at a more convinient time and if he give me his home number, I'de be sure to call him back when he is sitting down to eat.

He hung up on me. :naughty:

Okay, yeah, telemarketers can be annoying (to say the VERY least). But I must play devils advocate here. I used to be one (don't hate me please!!!). When I became a telemarketer, I was a newly divorced single mother. My ex husband didn't believe in "allowing" me to go to college or have a job (I'll give you 3 guesses as to why he is now my EX husband). I found a job that would allow me to make decent money without any previous job experience. Telemarketing was it. I made great money and was able to support me and my son until I could take a few classes and get an administrative position. I still get irked when my husband toys with telemarketers. Spending a lot of time on someone that is toying with them is literally taking money out of their pockets if they work on commission (which most do). I know that I'm in the minority here but I just don't answer the calls or if they catch me on call-waiting I'll politely decline before they start pitching me and try to remember that it's not the telemarketer that's the bad guy here but the guy in the corporate office that hires these people!

Hi Mindy! :D

Yes, I agree, not all telemarketers are bad. The ones I get upset with are the ones when I tell them very politely that I am not interested to please take me off their list, they ignore me and start talking over me. I am polite as can be, until they start messing with me.

Fortunately, the majority of them will be very polite and say yes Mam, sorry to have bothered you, then hang up. Those are the one's I appreciate. Politeness will get you everywhere!

Edited by NaomiBlvs

Even with my kindness and understanding I will freaking blow my fuse if MCI calls me one more time!