Sign in to follow this  
needourservices@gmail.com

Charging for Supplies

Good Morning Everyone:

Wanted to know when you do presentations for your clients and give it to them on CD's how much do you charge???

Also, if you print alot of invoices, etc... Do you just charge a monthly fee or charge by actual paper printed?

Thanks for your input?

Michelle D.

If it's just one CD here and there, I don't worry about it. I make sure my hourly rate is enough to cover basic supplies. I think CDs cost like $.50, so it's just not worth my time to bill for it. Having said that, I don't go through too many CDs. I send them out quarterly with everyone's books on them as a secondary backup, but that's basically it.

As for printing... For a while, I was charging per statement mailed, so it was my hourly rate plus whatever. But, frankly, I'm lazy and was getting tired of messing around with pennies. So, now I don't charge for printing. If it's so much that I need to charge, I send it out because I figure if it's that much, then I shouldn't be printing it myself anyway. You could always pdf them and send them to Kinkos or something. The most I print now is about 100 per month for a client, so not so many. If I'm mailing them, I just buy some window envelopes from NEBS, opening an account for them, and have the statement sent directly to them. I print postage at stamps.com so I can easily tell how many I mailed and I just bill them back for the postage when I invoice them.

Everything I do is at my hourly rate. I just make sure my rate includes what it needs to for supplies and whatnot.

I hope that helps.