I've been to a few dematologists and they have all ruled out rosacea since that was what I thought it was at first too.

There is no rhyme / reason for my breakout (it is not acne either but hives which turn into dry skin). I have monitored what I eat and somedays will eat nothing yet still breakup, it is real weird.

That is why the allergy testing yet if it is airborne, nothing really can help in finding that out either.

Kaleb had allergy testing done about 2 years ago. They pricked his back with 100 different allergic substances. I felt terrible for him. We knew he had allergies, but this kid is allergic to everything under the sun...numerous food and airborne allergies. We have to carry an EpiPen everywhere we go. We only had to administer one. When we were in PA over Christmas Kaleb took a cookie that was made with peanuts. He started to asphyxiate so we had to administer the EpiPen and visit the emergency room.

I do not envy you! I sure hope that they find out what's wrong with you!

thumbup.gif

Mine is just uncomfortable and I've never got sick enough that is was life threatening. Although if I keep scratching all night keeping my better half awake much more he may slug me in my sleep LOL!

My brother had severe allergies/asthma as a child (still does although has outgrown some of it now) and I feel so bad now for all the teasing I gave him as a sister. I remember one time stuffing chilli peppers up his nose for some silly reason and him ending up in the oxygen tent at the hospital after an allergic reaction from it. Or the many Easters I teased him savouring/eating my chocolate bunny in front of him while he only got a white chocolate bunny since he was allergic to cocoa. Trust me the list is long how I tormented him, typical bratty sister syndrome and maybe karma is catching up with me now . fork_off.gif My mom must have wanted to kill me a zillion times when I think back and thank her for just chasing me around with a flyswatter instead now and then wink.gif

I figure it may be something hormonal (menopause already??) since I am 41 now. Who knows, maybe I lack something in my diet, reason I'm trying all the herbal remedies. I started exercising and also quit smoking almost a year ago now but still no resolve. I was on antibiotics up until a few days ago. I decided they weren't working after being on them for over two months. I am leary of taking antibiotics since I don't want to become immune to them for any reason incase I need them one day. We are prescribed antibiotics for any and everything nowadays sad.gif

Anyhow, back to work here, just taking a break...anyone that has some readings on the subject, feel free to post for me...thanks!

Funny you should mention you quit smoking just before your allergies began. There seems to be a correlation between the two for a lot of people.

About a year after I quit smoking I developed allergies and asthma and now use 2 different types of inhalers (one daily, one as-needed), AND reactine on a daily basis, AND I'm testing a new drug that is supposed to reduce the allergic reactions.

They can't tell me exactly what I'm allergic to (the testing was "inconclusive"), but the docs feel it is likely dust, mold and airborne pollutants. Impossible to avoid all that!

Good luck with your testing!

Bonnie

So finally I feel like I may be getting somewhere with my skin problem. Allergenist appointment went well yesterday. I have been put on an elimination diet for 5 days. All I can eat is rice, lamb, turkey, spinach, canned fruit, yams and thats about it! YIKES! Once the 5 days are over, I introduce a new food group each day for 2 days. Eventually we find out what is causing all the problems.

My testing showed many things, from the fact that my breathing is comparable to a 51 year old woman and I'm only 41 which sucks but it all stems from having swollen and irritated breathing tubes, yada yada. I am not really allergic to many foods, just potatoes, peanuts, running eggs and shrimp/scallops. My food allergies may just be a chain reaction type though. I am extremely allergic to airborne things from trees, pollens, dust mites, you name it, everything in the air sad.gif

So I went out, bought a new mattress/boxspring, new sheets, new pillows, allergenic mattress cover to deter dust mites and we will see how that goes. I am also going to get a couple of those air cleaners too. Seems my problems stem from the fact that I have the allergic reaction all night and wake up already hived up with my defenses down from the start of the morning. So hopefully fixing these areas will give me stronger defenses for the foold allergies throughout the day.

I never realized that allergies can make you so sick from major skin complications, wrinkles, stomach aches, tiredness, grumpiness, the list goes on.

One thing that really made me mad from it all was that this doctor (who was the most thorough I have ever been to) said he wished I had come to him a few years ago since I had obtained unneccessary wrinkles on my face because of the constant swelling. I wanted to scream out loud that I've been going to 2 different doctors, 1 allergenist, 2 dermatologists for the past few years and they all said the same, use this cream...yada yada. None of them tried to get to the route of the problem like this fellow is. Anyhow, our medical plan just pisses me off, noone cares anymore, just treat with the easiest answer, pop another pill. sad.gif

So, if I'm grumpy over the next week, you all know why, I'M STARVING FOR CHOCOLATE or TEA~~~ yes no tea for almost a month sad.gif

Poor you! Sometime the cure is even more miserable than the symptoms - but I'll give you a glimmer of hope:

About 4 years ago I wasn't even able to go outside because my hay faver was so bad. I couldn't hang any clothes outside to dry because they got all pollen-y & set me off, I even had to tape up my windows during the summer months to keep it out!!! I had steam vacuums, allergy pills, allergy sprays, steroids, eye drops, nose drops - you name it!

Finally I decided enough was enough, went to a homeopath who didn't let me eat anything fun for 3 months (except bottles & bottles of water!) - lots of little white sugar pills later, I found my problems had completely gone - and best yet, I still don't have them!

I can't tell you how fantastic it is to be able to go outside, smell the flowers (literally!) & enjoy myself again!

Hope you get it sorted! applause.gif

Tawnya I'm so glad you are finally getting some serious help with this. I don't know how you've been functioning for so long with it all, and at such a high energy level too.

However, I have to ask - what exactly are "running eggs" ?

HA! That would be runny eggs (yolks not cooked) hehe

Actually, today I am wiped and very hard to work, stay focused. I am not sure if it is because finally I can relax and know it can all be fixed or because there is some resolve to all now that I can actually work with. It could be also because all I've had to eat today is a bowl of rice on this dang elimination diet LOL!

Oh Tawnya, this sounds so miserable. And ya, the cure sounds even worse! No chocolate or caffeine! ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

My sister had something similar off and on over the past few years. After trying prescription creams that did NOT work, she took antibiotics and that was the only thing that cleared it up. That was on her face though like you. Unfortunately, she still gets this strange thing where if she scratches her skin, it will turn red and welt up in the exact line that she scratched. Bizarre!

Sometimes these things are also a result of stress ... your body's way of "expressing" a stressor that has no outlet. Are you working too hard? Most VAs seem to be overachievers so we gotta give ourselves a break sometimes!

I hope you get it all figured out!

Take care,

Karri bighug.gif

Yes, I tried the antibiotic route for 2 months but it did not work.

As for the stress, I am the least stressed I have ever been in my life at this time. I had a very stressful life over the years and know that stress creates a mess in one's health so I've been careful at creating as little of a stressful environment as possible for myself. However it isn't always perfect but I am aware of it.

T.

4:30 am and here I am. I can't lay on my bed anymore as I am soooooooo itchy!!!

The elimination diet (day 6) doesn't seem to be doing anything so I phoned doctor and told him. They say to quit the diet since I am obviously reacting to airborne/dust/etc. This was were I went off the scale in my allergy testing.

So to fight against this, I've spent over $2000. I've bought a new mattress, boxspring, sheets, comforter, pillows and even 2 bionaire air filters - one for office and one for bedroom. Yet here I am at 4:30am, my eyes almost swollen shut from some airborne allergin. UGH!

If anyone has any recommendations where to turn, I'd greatly appreciate some advice as this is starting to interfere with not just my personal life but also my business. sad.gif

I have seen 3 doctors, 2 allerginists and 2 dermatologists yet none can help me without shooting me full of steriods which is not the answer I want.

I've heard of herbalists and natural healers and there are tons here in the community of Whiterock since it is such a spiritual little town. There are churches on every corner with so many seniors living here. Whiterock - town of the newly wed or nearly dead wink.gif

Advice appreciated.

Tawnya

I found this great website that gives you Pollen Forecasts delivered to your email box every day. It only works for USA but since I only live 3 miles away from Blaine, WA, I just put their zip code in the system.

Just found one for Canada users too.

Found another for those in Europe

I know many of my pollen allergins from the testing the other day so I will just become the "Girl in the Bubble" for awhile and stay inside. At least I have an excuse not to cut grass anymore wink.gif