Sign in to follow this  
Diana

New Year Ideas for Articles

"In times of crisis, to whom do you turn for skilled assistance when you do not have the physical space, additional equipment or even want an employee in the office?"

...or to be really brief

"Do you want to rediscover your life that the job is supposed to support."

or a longer one

"Give us the tasks you don’t have time to do, may not like to do or just don’t know how to do. You will have more time and energy to do what you do best — make money!"

Lots of good key/buzz words there T!!!

Hi Guys!

I've been working on some of the Alliance stuff. It's all so exciting. I don't know about you guys, but you'd better get your businesses ready for some heavy duty action. Take advantage of everything that comes out of there. I know I am. Gee, now we just gotta figure out what we're going to do with all that money we're gonna make! :yay:

Sharon and I worked on a letter to go to your clients for those who had stuff in the Silent Auction. You can go on the alliance website (www.AllianceforvirtualBiz.com) and get it. I'm telling you it shows you the power of what can happen when you work together. We absolutely gotta start doing more of that here. The letter I originally had, I sent to her and when it came back, it sounded so awesome. The power of a team. Of course, I'm sure it was my original words that inspired her -- NOT!!!! :-)

Anyway, let's do it.

If someone goes and gets the letter, you can paste it here and we can customize it to your business and we can work on it. I dont' want to just paste it here, cuz, that's it's really part of the Alliance. But if you get it and customize it a bit, then we can work on it and off to the races we go.

What other letters do you have. Although this is articles, we can do articles and letters.

New Year, New Clients, New Motivation!!

Thanks!

Diana

Hi:

Here's a little article I pulled from the old files.

Some good points in there. Hope you all are doing well!!

First Impressions Count

Whether just starting a virtual assisting business or having been in business for years, it’s important to always remember that the initial impression you leave with potential clients is critical. Often it can be the determining factor in whether you get the client or not.

The key is portraying confidence, whether it’s corresponding back to an e-mail, on the phone, or in person. You need to reassure these clients that if they trust you with their work, you won’t let them down. In fact, they’ll be amazed just how good of a job you do!

With your VA business you will either be responding to a client via e-mail, phone, or in person. Here are a few tips for each:

E-mail -- Keep your reply short and to the point. No client wants to read through paragraphs of text to get to the bottom line. Be friendly, yet professional. Provide all the needed information they requested and any other information you believe would be relevant. Use a signature line that provides all your contact information. Toot your horn a little. Include a paragraph that sings praises of your business and how you can help their business.

Phone – Always answer the phone in a professional, cheerful manner. I use Caller ID so that I know who’s calling before I pick up the phone. This enables me advance notice of what demeanor I need. Don’t talk excessively. Keep in mind that most clients are busy and appreciate short, to-the-point conversations. Always have the information you need to relay to a client at hand. Be firm on your rates and business practices. Don’t sound hurried. If you are working on a deadline, let your answering machine get it and call them back when you are more relaxed.

In Person – Dress the part. Not only does this make you feel more confident, but it conveys to them that they are dealing with a fellow professional. Be enthusiastic about your business and let them know that you want their business. Show interest and knowledge of their business. Have the right tools with you and close at hand. You don’t want to have to look for a pen or your business cards. Have something for them to keep describing your business such as a portfolio. This enables them to remember you after the appointment and also gives them an additional opportunity to check out the services you offer.

The ability to create a good first impression is a valuable asset for a virtual assistant and one that enables a business to grow. However, another valuable asset is being able to learn from your mistakes. After the interview if it didn’t go well analyze what you could do better the next time and then do it. Mastering these first impressions can take some time, but the reward is a thriving business that you can be proud of.

DeeEnnen

HI:

Sure, I got the link to VAU. It is fabulous. I just took a press release class there on Thursday and learned a lot. They are so reasonable. And you feel the one on one training. I learned a great deal.

Plus, I believe the Front Page class I took was offered through them as well. Now, let me tell you, I knew nothing at all about web design. I still dont' do much. But at least I have enough working knowledge to add in some text and some logos and a couple of things. If another class were to open up, I'd jump on it.

The webaddress is VAU -- www.virtualassistanceu.com. Janet Jordon is the founder.

Hi Jennifer:

Sure, I'll hope over there and look at them. It's the time to do it!

You would not believe how many of my friends and fellow VAs have gotten new clients. It's really amazing.

Wonderful in fact!

Hi:

Where are they at! I dont' know about you guys, but it's really getting busy here. Are you all noticing a big increase in clients and web activitity.

I didn't see your letters -- Post it here!

And before I forget someone on another board gave me a great idea. We need to mark this in our calendars.

She said that you should send a letter or e-mail or press release out right before tax returns TO BUSINESSES SAYING INVEST IN YOUR BUSINESS WITH YOUR TAX RETURN use our professional virtual assistant assisting services to get your business in shape and increase your sales! I'm thinking the middle of March you could send these. Okay, who here is good at putting these down. We are going to count on you to remind us!!

Per Diana's request:

Dear:

With the New Year comes exciting news and I wanted to take a moment and share something that I’m delighted about and of which I am proud to be a part.

On January 5, a group of Virtual Assistant organizations representing over 1500 VAs formed The Alliance for Virtual Businesses™. The Alliance’s mission is to educate the global business community about virtual assisting and how we help business owners and entrepreneurs work smarter, not harder, and increase profits.

During January, we’re hosting a silent auction in support of our scholarship program and promotion campaign. Virtual Assistants from around the world have donated services and products that most businesses use. Examples of some of the offerings include web site design, desktop publishing, word processing, meeting and event planning, transcription, real estate support, business start-up consultation, and bookkeeping, among others. I’m please to say that I’ve donated to the auction too.

Please help your business, and support us, by taking a few moments to visit the Alliance for Virtual Business Silent Auction site at http://www.mediamage.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi to see what professional Virtual Assistants are offering.

The Alliance’s website, http://www.allianceforvirtualbiz.com/ also features our industry magazine containing useful information for VAs and our clients, small business resources and technology, and a lot of other material.

In addition to supporting our awareness and scholarship programs, you will receive top-notch service from the professional Virtual Assistant whose offering you have won.

It’s 2004 – we predict a fantastic year for your business and the VA industry. I wish you great success. As always, I am proud to be your virtual professional.

Sincerely,

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
    Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Job Board *
    * VA Training Tracks*
    * Group Coaching *
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    *Checklist & eBooks *
    * Seminar Archives *
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

Virtual Assistant Organization Association

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Click to see your AD here!

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.