Season's Greetings - I'm New!

Hi everyone - just found this site. I'm active on CVAC. I'm a mom of two working full time outside of the home and slowly building my VA business. I think this forum is a great idea. It's what I need.

My big interests - making this business generate the full time income I currently make. I'd love to know if many of you out there are able to support yourselves and your families with your VA business. My kids are preteens and I definately want to be working in the home as they go through the next few years. Right now I spend far too much time commuting and away from them.

Anyway that's my story. I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas/Holiday Season!

Sharon

Hi Sharon! :)

Welcome to the community. We have a great bunch here. I quit my job in September and I am struggling a little right now. I think it has a lot to do with the holiday season. This is just like any business. Some will start off gangbusters, and others will build slowly with persistence and determination. I left my corporate position with six months survivable income saved, and I may have to find something part-time at night to sustain the last three months and make my savings spread out for a few more months.

With any business the first five years are the most crucial. I have heard of many success stories and a few not so successful stories. I prefer paying attention to the success stories. For instance, one VA I know, at the beginning of the year could barely make ends meet, had to get a roommate, was having problems finding clients, etc. At the end of the year, just got an e-mail from her two days ago, she now has 32 clients, five of which are retainer clients. She has upped her hourly rate to a pretty high level, and clients have not fallen off, they have only brought her more work.

So, it is simply perseverance, believing in yourself in the downtimes, and waiting for things to pick up! You are going to do great. You will be home with your kids before you know it. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to secure clients while working...but sometimes I think that is impeding my growth because there is only so much time in the day and end up doing no marketing at all. I'm doing only special projects now through word of mouth. I've delayed putting up my web page. That's next....Just took an html course and practiced with FrontPage.

Anyway I look forward to learning more from everyone here!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.