Tawnya Sutherland

READ: Forum will look different for a few days

Because of the hacker who is threatening to destroy our forum, I have had to invest into buying the license to update our forum. Because of this update, we are going to lose all the personalization of our forum which will take me a week or so to get looking back to normal again. Sorry for the look/feel leaving us for a few days but this has to be done to prevent further hackers from destroying our community.

How I wish people would just leave others alone, it would make life so much less stressful.

So....if you come into the forum and note its appearance is odd, that is why. Please be patient with me for a few days. Anyone who as CSS or PHP experience (even just a wee bit), please contact me if you wish to help me out in the personalization of the website so it looks like our old VANF forum again smile.gif

Stressed to my limit!

Tawnya

PS: Wait, I didn't think my day could become more stressed but my daughter just phoned to say she was coming out for her 19th birthday dinner tonight with her new boyfriend. This is her first boyfriend I've ever met since she has always been so secretative. I am honoured she would introduce him to me yet in the same breath I don't want to screw up as a mom and embarrass her tonight ya know? wink.gif

Tawnya,

Thanks for keeping us updated and informed about the forum before hand. I'm sure this saves you from receiving 40 trillion emails. blink.gif

It's so unforunate that someone has nothing better to do with their time. I like to call it "getting a life".

I was in your shoes with meeting the first "real" girlfriend of my oldest son a couple of years ago. I was nervous too. I don't know why I was. It seems silly to me now but I totally relate. After the first time it won't seem nearly as bad as you thought it might be. Just remember to be conservative in opinions, DO NOT show the butt naked pics of your daughter as a baby or topless pics when she was pre-teen (lol, yes, my mom has one of me, I wanted to be able to go topless like my brothers) and other than that, just be yourself. Your a very genuine person and very likeable. Don't worry about anything! Have fun!

Lynne

It is actually her 19th birthday and that is why she is popping out for a visit (she lives with her dad or b/f, part time) and we are doing dinner at a nice place here: Washington Grill

I just got home actually as I have been running around all day trying to get her birthday present delivered here. I had all my old jewelery (necklaces, charms, etc, including my wedding and engagement ring my ex gave me) melted down into a gold nugget with the diamonds from it set into it. It is all shaped into a gold pear shapped nugget (still have yet to see it). So I went to pick it up today at jewelers about a hour away here and dang if it was downtown and not delivered to them yet. So, to make a long story short, after a huge disappointment on my part with the jeweler for telling me it was ready and wasting my time driving there, they are gonna send it courier (extra $60 cost for me) to the house today. Here's praying it arrives on time. It only cost $185 to get it made and another $50 for the necklace but including all the melted down jewelery and everything else included in it...its value is way over $1000 so hope she appreciates it. Daughters are odd sometimes and you can never tell. I almost didn't want to give it up since it encompasses so many years (all the melted down jewelery) of my past in it. So...let's hope she likes it since I typically always give her $100 cash for her birthday and she may be expecting this instead.

Back to work here...gotta quit worrying about tonight...it will all work out fine I'm sure!

Tawnya

ACK!!! We leave to meet her for dinner in one hour and the necklace has still not been delivered. I just called and they said it is on it's way yet it is 6:14 here and I still have to shower but can't cause noone is here to answer door LOL!

What a day!

Great idea Tawnya! I had the diamond from my engagement ring that I received from my first husband put into a ring for my second husband. He has now given the ring to my oldest son. Your idea has given me an idea for my daughter.

Thanks,

Nancy thumbup.gif

Tawnya, that's a cool idea. My husband took the three diamonds from his wedding band and gave them to his three daughters. They each had one set into one tooth (2nd or 3rd back) so they always have a twinkle in their smiles. He exchanged the diamonds for their birthstones and now wears the wedding ring from his first marriage on his pinkie finger - as a family ring instead of wedding ring.

I think they all appreciated knowing that there is a bond between them that can't be broken by a divorce ... or anything else!

Bonnie

Wow, that is so cool Taylor, what a wonderful idea!!!

So the night went without a hitch. Infact was one of the best nights I've had with my daughter. My daughter and middle son and I have had rocky times the past 8 years since the divorce so was good to have a comfortable evening with her. Her b/f is the cutest guy too and has a decent job. I am really excited for her and think she made an excellent pic for a beau.

Gotta run...tons of work today...have a good one everyone!

I still don't know when they are updating the forum, they have yet to give me a time.

Guest Snoodrey

Hi Tawnya and others,

I just looked now at the changes to this site...WOW!! Great work! I sensed things were not working as well before because I had to take sometimes twice to sign on...hopefully the changes here will continue to improve the quality of our site. I don't understand why hackers would want to come on this site anyways...I figure I guess they've got nothing better to do...since they've already tried to access my computer. We have to spend so much money these days to protect ourselves from these scary individuals!

I will work on setting up the preferences and stuff over the next week. Please bear with me during this time since time I don't have a lot of ;) I will bring our colours and logo back as soon as I figure it out ;)

Please post any problems you have here in this thread and I will get to them all as the week goes by.

At least we are secure now!

Thanks for your patience!

Guest coxadmin

Hi Tawnya - thanks for the warning. It would have been a bit of a shock otherwise. It's great to know the forum is secure now.