Tawnya Sutherland

Vancouver - Greater Lower Mainland, British Columbia

Hi, Tawnya--

Are you sticking with Canadian VAs? I'm in Bremerton WA, not all that far south of Pt. Townsend. I don't know how the ferry works up there but I know there is one--OK, I "think" there is one. Let me know.

I am meeting up with 2 Virtual Assistants from Whiterockofficeservices.com on December 8th for a Christmas lunch at noon here in White Rock, British Columbia.

If anyone would like to join us, please call me for directions 604-542-9664

We'd love to meet you!!!

Tawnya

Cynthia, you are definitely welcome to any of our lunches! The more the merrier! White Rock is right on the State border about 1 mile from it.

Ok, I forgot to put that we just had lunch yesterday. Carolina (WhiteRockOfficeServices) and I met for lunch again and we'd like to invite others to meet and have lunch too with us in June, 2006.

Hi Tawyna,

I would be interested in joining you too! :D

I'm in New West.

Diana

Me Too!! I'm in Squamish right now but moving back to Vancouver on July 1st. :thumbup:

Oh wow...this is great, I didn't expect a response already.

It would be a weekday, typically around 12-1 in White Rock since that way I can walk. Any preferences for food, times, dates in May? We may as well do it in May, celebrate our own VA Day.

Tawnya

Oh wow...this is great, I didn't expect a response already.

It would be a weekday, typically around 12-1 in White Rock since that way I can walk. Any preferences for food, times, dates in May? We may as well do it in May, celebrate our own VA Day.

Tawnya

Maybe we could start a list here for Virtual Assistants in my area and if we get enough call, I will put together at VAGT ;)

Tawnya

I'm in Portland Oregon and my husband would approve any reason to travel to Vancouver BC!

Laurie

Wow Laurie, that is a long way to go for lunch but you are more than welcome to join us ;) Saying that, I am thinking of doing something in the summer on a Saturday or Sunday like a BBQ. Arnie (who is a Red Seal Chef) said he would cater it if we all through in $10 each else we could do a potluck BBQ. I opt for the first since I know Arnie's cooking is yummie...just a thought to put out there to see if others are interested in that too. That way Laurie, VAs could bring spouses and kids if they wanted too if travelling longer distances. I would only want to make sure it was a sunny day out. We are one block from the ocean so we could even make it a day event, kids swimming, guys flying kites and us sitting around doing nothing but gabbing ;)

Yes - a Saturday or Sunday - that would be perfect. The BBQ sounds great. The only summer weekend I can't do right now is July 21st - other than that - we are open. We would spend the weekend I'm sure - our kids are grown up - so it would just be my husband and I - he's been dying to go to BC.

Laurie

Edited by Laurie

That sounds great! I would definitely through in $10 to taste Arnie's cooking. A Red Seal Chef - wow! My hubby will probably want to come too, if he's not working.

The only weekend I have booked right now is July 15/16th.

Diana

I could probably do it on a weekend, that would be easier for me than doing a weekday. Keep us posted because I'd love to join in if possible! Oh and the $10 for lunch would be fine by me :)

Ok, I've set a date for our BC get together on the ocean front in White Rock.

Date: June 1, 2006

Time: Lunch - noon

Place: Cosmos Greek Restaurant

14871 Marine Drive, White Rock

Phone: 604- 531 -3511

URL: http://www.emenus.ca/cosmos/

Click for Map

Please RSVP so we can make reservations to Tawnya

You can post here too if you like just to say YAH I'll be there!

See you there...Tawnya

oh darn! I won't be able to make it on a Thursday. Hopefully I can make the next one, will be easier once I move back to the area (July 1st), right now I'm in Squamish. If something changes I'll let you know. ~ Barb

I am definitely going to try to be there!

Diana