Sign in to follow this  
needourservices@gmail.com

Personal Vent

Hello Ladies and Gents:

You know I try to check in every once in a while. Of course when I need something this is the first place I turn to, but tonight I'm venting on a personal level. I hope it's not too personal I just have to let it out.

Over the course of the last 4 months, I have (in my eyes) gone through hell and high water.

I started my business because I wanted to be in charge. I wanted to live my life for my daughter and family, not for my job. So five months ago or so my father begin to tell me he wasn't feeling well, mine you my dad is and has been my only parent. I told him to go to the doctor but of course he was soooo stubborn as they all are. Well after waiting and going through emergency rooms he finally went to a hospital where they caught the problem. He was diagnosed with Stage 4 Liver cancer. I was DEVASTATED!!!!!!!!! I'm daddy's little girl and I didn't know how to handle it at first... Well after getting a month behind in work and things changing with my daughter, I realized I had to step up to the plate. Now I'm here still taking care of my business, my daughter, my father and my family and at 27; I'm wondering is this worth it???? Not venting for anyone to feel sorry for me but I just need to hear that if I keep pusing forward all this hard work, and pain will pay off. I look at the situations in Pakinstan and New Orleans like I'm blessed to still be here, but is this what's it's all about? Pain, hard work.... and what else?

Thanks for your ears!

Michelle

Hang in there girl. It WILL all pay off and you'll learn a lot about yourself in the process. It's times like these when you find out what you are really made of and how strong you really are. It IS all worth it. You'll make yourself, your daughter and your father proud in the end. Take a good inventory of what you have already accomplished at 27! I'm sure it wasn't all easy, was it? Nothing worth anything ever is. I believe in you. :)

Wow, what a trooper you are! It's hard enough getting a business off the ground without the extra worry of a sick parent.

Your hard work WILL pay off in the end. In time you will be able to look back at all you've accomplished and take satisfaction in knowing you did it all by your own efforts.

Take care of yourself

I ditto Brandi and Yvonne. You are a strong person and although you have an overflowing plate right now, it WILL be worth it in the end. It's worth it NOW! You will muddle through...you are already doing it! You CAN do this!!

And, of course! VENT! It's good to get it out there! :)

Hi Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear about your father's illness! You are trying to cope with a lot at your age. I don't know how my kids ( a bit older than you) would manage if they had the same things on their plate.

I hope you have someone near by that you can talk to about your worries. At the same time I am so glad that you are not trying to keep everything inside. I know that I have gained strength from the warm replies that I read at this forum.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Nancy

Hi Michelle,

First of all I would like to assure you that it'll pay off. You can be certain about that. Sometimes things like the ones you're going through happens just to prove wether we're prepared or not to tolerate and overcome them, and, against our own beliefs, we usually are. It's a hard time while you're in it, but when it's over (because everything is over some day...) you'll be surprised at your own growth and you'll just assume there's nothing in the world you can't do.

Just do your best and keep in mind that what may look today as un unbearable burden, tomorrow will be something that has already passed and from what you'd have learned a lot.

A huge embrace and all my strengh from here to help you go through this difficult times.

Thank you all for your responses!!! I wanted to vent a long time ago but I hate singing my sad song, because I don't want any pitty.

You all are right and I'm trying my best to hang in there because I know it will pay off or at least I hope. It seems everyday is very trying but I make it happen. I don't think I could be as strong as I have been if I didn't have my daughter to support.

I appreciate this forum soooo much, thanks again for the kind words.

Michelle

Hi Michelle:

I am really sorry to hear about your dad. I know what you are going through as far as a terminal illness in the family. My prayers are with you and everyone.

Michelle,

So sorry to hear of your Fathers condition!!

Hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!! :wub:

Kimmer

Hi Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent troubles!!

In time it will get better, just hang in there and hold on to your faith.

If there is anything I can do for you chat, email, whatever just let me know, I am a good listener :)

Hope that life gets better for you soon!!

Prayers for you, your father and family!!

God Bless,

Cindy

Guest TerryGreen

Michelle,

My prayers are certainly with both you and your father. It isn't always easy trying to run a business and take care of some of the more major personal things that happen in our lives at the same time, but it is doable. And trust me, it is totally worth it to hang in there. You will thank yourself later on. That's one of the beauties of being virtual. You may have to make some big adjustments here and there from time to time, but it's still possible. I scaled my business way back for about 4 years after I went through a divorce and my daughter was in an automobile accident. It was a little difficult at times, and I had some major regrouping to do when I started back up full time again, but I'm still here, and stronger than ever. My best advice would be to be honest with your clients. Let them know that you are going through some very difficult times. You will be amazed at how caring and understanding they can be. But, no matter what you decide, it's your decision. You know what you can handle and what you need to do for yourself and your family.

Warmest regards,

Terry

My thoughts and with you Michelle, and I'm sending lots of hugs your way.

My father was also diagnosed with late-stage liver cancer in 1998 and, being the "baby" of the family, I thought my world had ended. But I made it through, stronger than ever, and you will too.

Know that your friends here are there for you anytime. Keep your faith and know that you will be rewarded for your ongoing strength and committment. If there is anything at all that I might be able to do to help, please let me know.

<Big Hugs>

:)

Guest ctbabydoll

Michelle -

My mom said something to me when I was going through my divorce. I was young, had a small child to care for, and was at my wit's end looking for a job.

She said,"God would never give you a burden if He didn't think you could carry it."

It's so true. I've held onto that saying more times than I care to count. Every time I think what I'm going through is too tough to handle, I just remember that saying and all of a sudden the burden doesn't seem so heavy anymore. Keep your chin up and know that YOU CAN HANDLE THIS!!!!!!

:bighug::bighug:

Keep hanging in there!!!