Sign in to follow this  
Guest Freelancemom

Introducing myself

Guest Freelancemom
Hi Lori,

Welcome to the forum. Everyone here is great and willing to share their knowledge and experience. I have been here since November (working on getting my business started), and this forum has been a tremendous help.

Hope you drop by often!

Lori

PS - Your site looks great!

:)

Hi Lori --

So how's it going with the biz? What type of VA work are you looking to pursue?

Every time I open up the forum I get side tracked...

I can't wait to puruse the posts here and find out where people most often go to find their clients.

Lori

Hey Lori!

Glad to see your server trouble has been solved. I got to your site and it is wonderful :thumbup: You have done an awesome job with it.

I love sunflowers! B)

Jennifer

So how's it going with the biz? What type of VA work are you looking to pursue?

Hi Lori,

I am going to be offering general admin help - word processing, mailing services, reminder services, +++ etc. in the beginning, and see where that takes me. I have been getting surveys going to see what specific services might be used by various fields in my area.

My business is still in the planning stages - although I am really anxious to get things going, I am not rushing into it. I want to make sure I have a solid plan, and know my market like the back of my hand before I get it going.

Looking forward to working for myself, and finding this forum has been a great source of help and ideas!

Lori

Guest Freelancemom
I am going to be offering general admin help - word processing, mailing services, reminder services, +++ etc. in the beginning, and see where that takes me. I have been getting surveys going to see what specific services might be used by various fields in my area.

My business is still in the planning stages - although I am really anxious to get things going, I am not rushing into it. I want to make sure I have a solid plan, and know my market like the back of my hand before I get it going.

Looking forward to working for myself, and finding this forum has been a great source of help and ideas!

Hi Lori,

Wow -- I have no doubt you will be successful. I'm really impressed with the level of planning you are implementing. And doing surveys is a very smart way to get a feel for what product or service is marketable.

I'll really look forward to seeing your business flourish!

Lori

Lori,

One tip I would definately give newbies is to use surveys when just beginning! I wish I would have thought of that when I first started!

It would have given me great insight into my market and probably would have given me a foot in the door with some potential clients!!

Great advise for the Start-up! :yay:

I would have to agree with Kimmer. I think surveys are a great tool.

They should be simple, not too long, maybe just one page so it won't take up too much of the readers time.

Just my 2 cents. B)

Jennifer

Yes Jen, I should have said that :blink: .....surveys...."Short & Sweet"!

Don't take up too much of thier time! ;)

I just spent this morning delivering surveys to one of my target markets. I hand delivered 21 surveys in 3 hours, and I must say, I was very well received at each location.

My survey actually consisted of 3 pages (wait...I know, I know, that is too long, but read on). The first page was a short letter addressed personally to the individual I am targeting. This letter started with a "teaser" line, about how they can save money. It then explained that this was a survey to assist with my business research. It indicated that I would return in a week for the completed survey, and thanked them for their time.

The 2nd page was a spiel about what a VA is and how it can benefit their type of business in particular. (More like a direct marketing letter).

The 3rd page was the survey.

Everything was kept short & sweet, and I used a nice clean font (Arial) to help make it look less cluttered. I bolded key words to draw their attention to the key points. It was printed on very high quality paper, folded in 3, their name & address was printed in Script on the back of the last page (this served a dual purpose - 1) now when I pick the completed surveys up, their name & address is already printed on the back of the survey, so I know who responded and how. 2) I didn't have to use buy envelopes to match the paper, so it saved me a few $). The whole package was sealed with a clear mylar sticker.

Again, even though it was 3 pages, it was short, clean, uncluttered, and professional. I was very happy with it.

I felt that it was important that I hand deliver the surveys so that it was not perceived as insignificant (like those ones that you get in the mail and file directly in the blue box). I am also returning to pick each one up. This serves 2 purposes - 1) if I am expending this much time & energy on the survey, it will hopefully be taken more seriously by the individuals that I am surveying and 2) I am able to answer any questions or further promote my idea if I return to their office.

So, next Wednesday I will return to pick up the survey's and see if this is one area where I am going to focus my efforts!

Just thought I would share my survey technique...

Lori

Edited by Lori

Lori!!

Your a genius! Absoulutley the best "Marketing Idea" I've seen in awhile!

I'm gonna give this a try with Realtors!

I love you!!! :dribble:

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. :wub: It is great to get the support and reinforcement here!

Lori

Way to go Lori! :thumbup: your survey package sounds great! Keep us up to date on the results.

I just sent my survey package out on Monday.

B)

Jennifer

Hi:

Welcome Lori! Cool site. I love how you change over the different buttons and the flowers change! Man -- I'm just learning how to do things on my site, so that's like awesome to me! I can hyperlink articles though! :-)

It's going to be great to get to know you!

Guest Freelancemom
Hi:

Welcome Lori! Cool site. I love how you change over the different buttons and the flowers change! Man -- I'm just learning how to do things on my site, so that's like awesome to me! I can hyperlink articles though! :-)

It's going to be great to get to know you!

Thanks very much for the welcome and the compliment Diana -- I appreciate it.

Your site is really nice too! Did you do your own flash thing on the splash page? Very cool!

Lori

P.S. I'd love to publish your va article on my site with a link back to you... If you're interested let me know :D