Sign in to follow this  

Bragging (a bit)...please view my ad profile!

Hi folks,

Please view my ad profile that published Thursday the 16th...granted it was heavily edited and they still have some syntax/grammar problems in there, overall I guess it's not bad!

Ok...time for criticism...what would you change about it if you could? The goal of my business is to work with animal businesses-be they breeders, humane societies, authors or whatever-NOT the general public who owned animals. I was upset that they made it sound like I work with animal owners doing admin work...I called them on this and they said they would insert a correction into this week's paper.

But really...with 170 or so words, does it sound ok?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/cha...5638/adscan.jpg

For those that can't read the type here is the copy:

Some of us love working with people, while others have a passion for helping our four-legged friends. Jodi Dziedzic, owner of Four Paws Virtual Assistance, believes the two go hand-in-paw. "I love caring for the people that care for pets," said Jodi. "This business blends my animal experience and administrative talents into an unique package that everyone benefits!" While working as both a registered veterinary technician and operations manager for a local chain store, it became apparent to Jodi that there was a shortage of well-trained and experienced technicians with administrative backgrounds. With companies insisting on cheaper and more efficient methods of hiring workers, it makes sense for them to seek administrative assistants with a background in their specific industry who can also work remotely. Earlier this year, Jodi conceived of and started Four Paws Virtual Assistance, a "virtual" company that specializes in working with animal groups and organizations. She is an independent proefssional who offers an array of administrative support services leveraging the power of the Internet, fax, telephone and other modes of technology. Jodi can take care of the petless, too!

Thanks!

Thanks, Danielle! No, I gave them what I did business-wise and they wrote the thing.

Way to get some advertisement for your business Jodi!

I remember my first press release that got picked up by our local paper. It made mention that being a VA is a good way to work from home and look after your kids at the same time which if anyone knows is like impossible from a real working standpoint!!! You really need to put them in daycare almost if you are working from home when they are young. You have to be so careful what you say to editors as they will do anything they can to make mountains outta moehills or find newsworthy info (what they think is newsworthy anyhow) anyway they can get it.

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Jodi, congrats on the coverage. I like the way Danielle revised it.

talk to the staff writer and see if you can get any permissions. It's really a cute release.

DITTO :)