Sign in to follow this  

SCORE promotes VA's in local newspaper

Hi All!

I've been enjoying March Break with the kiddies and now back to work! This past weekend, the local newspaper had a great article in the Business & Money section (front page!) promoting VA's and how they can be used. I have attached the article for all to read!

From this I have received about a half dozen requests for work - one of which is HUGE! I have been invited to speak at a Coldwell Banker office here locally by the office's Broker who just attended a CB 100 year anniversary business convention on the West Coast where VA's were promoted there during one of their speaker meetings. He came back with the mission to find a REVA locally and saw this ad in the paper the next day! He called and I have been invited to speak during his next office business meeting (held once a month) to him and his 60 agents! Yikes! The most awesome thing is that I used to actually work for CB's corporate office in the exec. assistant to VP of IT position, and by giving this background to the Broker, he has considered me hired! :thumbup:

Anyway, I am now getting my marketing materials together (been going through old posts to gain the best knowledge as to what to take with me to promote my business - business cards, brochures, references/testimonials, contracts, signup sheets, and a smile! - and am completely thrilled. Having never been asked to do this (and I've been in business for 5 years - never had to promote myself, its all been word-of-mouth) - I'm nervous but really excited. Can you tell?! Anyway, any additional tidbits of suggestions would be great for my upcoming meeting (its on March 28th) - I am also anticipating needing some sub-contractors for work!!! So look out!

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...6/1007/BUSINESS

Bye for now,

Suzanne

www.vawork.com

Wow Suzanne! What a write-up :yay::yay: .

You'll do a great job presenting. I can just imagine how nervous and excited you are :o . I'd be the same way. Good Luck!

PattyD

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

That's a great article Suzanne! :thumbup: How awesome to have that type of write up. Let's hope that we all can have something like that printed for us one day. :D Good luck with your presentation. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Denise

Hi y'all! Thanks for the kudo's! It's an exciting time for me - I'm just trying to figure out how to best deal with my anticipated workload.

I am starting to venture back into the office for a few hours (3), 3 days a week (I HAVE TO get out of here and get my 2 year old daughter around other children, so figured this was a good way to make that happen!).

I'm going to be overseeing the admin staff for two top producers in an Office Manager role (# 1 REMAX agent in FL and her new partner) and take care of their website and advertising needs. I am being paid as an independent contractor still, and at my IC rate, so things are the same, just at their location for some of the time (which just so happens to be 5 minutes from my house - yah!).

But now with this opportunity where I am going to be discussing my VA business with about 35 agents and their Broker on the 28th, I'm stressing about what I am going to do if even a few of them request my services. Has anyone come across this type of situation and if so, what do you do? Decline the work? Sub-contract some how? Work 23 3/4 hours a day until you collapse?!?! :blush:

I know, life's tough! The other thing I am wondering how to get around is about confidentiality and how competitive this market is in Sarasota, FL. Agents don't want you working for their counterparts - so how do I make this a non-issue?

Ok, enough! If you have ANY thoughts, suggestions, concerns - let me know. I'm up to any and all constructive pointers!

Thanks!

Suzanne

V.A. Work

www.vawork.com

Hi Suzzane, This is great!! :thumbup: I'm very excited for you!!! Me met on our networking meeting on Tampa , hosted by Roxanne!!! I whish you the best!!! Also in Sarasota you have many bilingual market, so if you need my help (English-Spanish) just let me know!!!

You go girl!!!! :yay:

Hi y'all! Thanks for the kudo's! It's an exciting time for me - I'm just trying to figure out how to best deal with my anticipated workload.

I am starting to venture back into the office for a few hours (3), 3 days a week (I HAVE TO get out of here and get my 2 year old daughter around other children, so figured this was a good way to make that happen!).

I'm going to be overseeing the admin staff for two top producers in an Office Manager role (# 1 REMAX agent in FL and her new partner) and take care of their website and advertising needs. I am being paid as an independent contractor still, and at my IC rate, so things are the same, just at their location for some of the time (which just so happens to be 5 minutes from my house - yah!).

But now with this opportunity where I am going to be discussing my VA business with about 35 agents and their Broker on the 28th, I'm stressing about what I am going to do if even a few of them request my services. Has anyone come across this type of situation and if so, what do you do? Decline the work? Sub-contract some how? Work 23 3/4 hours a day until you collapse?!?! :blush:

I know, life's tough! The other thing I am wondering how to get around is about confidentiality and how competitive this market is in Sarasota, FL. Agents don't want you working for their counterparts - so how do I make this a non-issue?

Ok, enough! If you have ANY thoughts, suggestions, concerns - let me know. I'm up to any and all constructive pointers!

Thanks!

Suzanne

V.A. Work

www.vawork.com

I saw the article and it was great. I believe we also met at the VA Networking Luncheon in Tampa hosted by Roseann and look forward to seeing you again in May. Way to go!

Great article Suzanne! Congratulations and good luck in your presentation on the 28th. :thumbup:

Diana

Suzanne:

CONGRATS!!

What's the worst that could happen....ALL 60 agents decide to utilize your services...hehe

Kim

He called and I have been invited to speak during his next office business meeting (held once a month) to him and his 60 agents! Yikes!