Sign in to follow this  
Tawnya Sutherland

Firefox Feedback

Lately I have been having trouble replying to posts using Firefox. It doesn't happen all the time, just now and then. What happens is I click reply and no box shows up to reply into. All I get is a light purple background. If you are receiving this same error, please let me know. It may just be my Firefox browser settings. Ever since getting my new computer I've been having probs with Firefox.

Tawnya

Lately I have been having trouble replying to posts using Firefox. It doesn't happen all the time, just now and then. What happens is I click reply and no box shows up to reply into. All I get is a light purple background. If you are receiving this same error, please let me know. It may just be my Firefox browser settings. Ever since getting my new computer I've been having probs with Firefox.

Tawnya

It did not happen to me but i just did it. I am running version 1.5.0.2. But Firefox is a little buggy in some areas. Sometimes it just crashes for no reason. Especially on craigslist.org. But I still like it better than IE even with the flaws.

That is my story and I am sticking to it!!

I haven't been having any problems. At some sites I have a bit of a problem, but all I have to do is hit refresh and it reloads okay. It could be your settings. I've fiddled with my settings so much, I wouldn't be able to tell you the one to change to fix things for you. sorry.

Ok, I found the fix:

In Firefox, Go to Tools -> Options

Choose Tabs

Make sure this is clicked under "Open links from other applications in":

- > a new window

PS: I AM SOOOOOOO SMART! ;) Doesn't it feel good when you actually figure something out? LOL!

Tawnya,

I haven't experienced the problem you have when replying to a post. However, when I go to add a reply, my cursor doesn't show up in the white area and when I hit return at the end of the sentence, it used to go down two lines. Since I switched to FireFox, it has reverted to single space -- which I prefer!

I'm going to download the IE extension and see what happens. Other than this little quirk, I haven't had any problems with the site.

Tena

Guest coxadmin

Hi Tawnya

The only issue I've had with Firefox and this forum was the one I emailed you about last weekend, which was resolved . Other than that I do my best not to use IE unless I absolutely have to .

I'm glad you figured out the fix, Tawnya. I use Firefox and don't have any issues with it -- I think it's so much better than IE.

I also use Firefox and don't have any problems with it at this website. However, at other websites, I have had occasions when part of the text wouldn't load up correctly--I'd have to switch to IE (very frustrating, indeed).

It is my understanding that Firefox is a better browser for security--or so I've read.

Karen

Edited by KarenMcG