WOW... Looks very cool, but also looks like a lot to learn. Fortunately, it is usually a couple of years before their products are used by the majority of users. I mean, many people just got Office 2003 this past year (if they even have it yet). I'm looking forward to diving in and playing...

Guest Snoodrey

I just got my new Office Pro 2003 around New Years...so Bill Gates...don't expect me to jump on the bandwagon for Office 2007 just yet! I still barely opened up 2003...and am just beginning to enjoy it, thank you!

While it looks cool, I think I'll wait awhile before investing in it. I agree that most people have only recently got around to purchasing Office 2003.

Diana

I still use Office 2000 at the office because everytime I try to use 2003 something funky happens to my computer, so it isn't worth it.... Unless someone can sell me a feature that I cannot live without in 2003...hehe

Kim

I think I will invest.... These are some of the nicest and most visible changes that I have seen in a LONG time from MS Office... Everyone agree??

Kim

I also just got MS Office 2003. Besides, being that it's still beta probably means it's still got alot of kinks in it. :bash: That will probably be the case when it gets out of the beta phase. So I think I'll stay with what I've got, for now. ;)

When will this be available for sale...anyone know?

Tawnya,

In looking over their website, I don't see where they've made an official announcement of when it will be available. It talks a lot about the beta version being available now.

Patty

Guest TerryGreen

I'll tell you what, I didn't finish the video tour, but I'm sold! As many of you know, I've always been a dyed-in-the-wool WordPerfect user (since the 4.2 DOS version back in the late 80's), and while I've been using Word for a while now, and use it about 99% of the time now, I still struggle with some of the things ... I've even got my Word 2003 for Dummies book right here next to me in case I need to figure out one of Bill Gates brain farts.

The new 2007 version looks fabulous ... especially Excel and PowerPoint. The prices don't look any worse than their other products, but the new interface seems to make it so easy that even my granddaughter would be able to produce some great looking documents. While I haven't seen WPs newest and best (I've got Version 12), I think Bill might have actually made me a believer :P .

Warmest regards,

Terry

Guest Snoodrey

My understanding is that Office 2007 will be available sometime in October. I've actually since checked it out and am using the Beta 2 version. Yes...there are new things to get used to...but it appears that Office 2007 has improved in ways I didn't think it would. I'm sure that those who use Office 2000 would find Office 2003 or 2007 a significant jump...but on the other hand, considering how much I'm learning with 2003 and trying to figure out in 2007, I could not handle going back to Office 2000! I would be more than likely to jump to 2007 than to revert to an earlier version. I'm not sure how quickly I will move up at this point, as there are things I still want to do in Office 2003 Professional...and for the time being, overall 2003 offers everything I currently need. However, having said that, I'm sure that in time, I will be using Office 2007 just for the significant changes that would make it worthwhile for me, such as the focus entirely on icon-oriented, one-click selections.

Guest VirtualHelper4U

How much easier is THAT going to make MS Office life?!!!

I'm loving the galleries and live preview features! Working with office will be so much more fluid and there will be less tinkering. At least, that's the way it looks from their video.

My experience with new platforms is that it takes a year or so for them to work out all the bugs. So, I won't be purchasing it right away. I'll probably add it to my budget in 2008.

Thanks for sharing this! I'm excited about the possibilities. :yay:

Take Care.