Paula F

Orange County, CA

Hi Terri!

I don't have plans to attend the conference. That trip just didn't fit into my schedule. Maybe next year....

If you want to meet with me before the 30th I'm sure we can arrange that. My contact info is on my website if you want to give me a call. My weekends are pretty crazy, but after 3 during the week would work out.

I don't see the topic I originally read that led me to the Get-Together this past Sunday. Maybe it was a casualty of the melt-down?

Anyway, for my part the gathering was extremely successful and informative. I brought along a series of questions and grilled Paula and Tina extensively regarding their experiences. I have to say that they weren't at all reluctant to answer.

These Get-Togethers are a wonderful resource for all VAs, but especially for the newbies. Who better to help you in your new venture than someone (or better yet, several someones) who has been there before.

I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Beth Robinson

WordSmith

Guest Darla Wilson

Hi Paula,

I see that your post was almost a year ago! I am from San Diego and currently employed as an EA but I am definitely pursuing the transition to becoming a VA. I would love to chat with you further about your business. Hope to hear back from you!

Darla Wilson

San Diego, CA

I just responded to your introduction post and then saw this one. The more recent SoCal VA get together post was a victim of a recent server problem here at VANA so that is why the other post is so old. We actually just got together at the beginning of March and I try to make sure I organize a meeting once per quarter, but anytime you want to chat feel free to give me a call. I'll help you in any way that I can. You can find my contact info on my website.

Just wondering if anyone out there would like to meet up to toss ideas around? I am located in Newport Beach, CA and think it would be great to get together will some fellow VAs for lunch and chat about our businesses.

Hi Paula!

I also live in Orange County, only about 30 mins. from you! I live in Rancho Santa Margarita and am also a VA. I also find it interesting that you moved here in 2005. I also moved here in 2005! And . . . I moved from Buffalo, New York!! Actually, we lived in a suburb called Clarence Center, but . . . isn't that something???? I would LOVE to get together with other fellow VAs . . . please email me offline and we'll make plans!

Your fellow VA,

Linda Toscano

ltoscano@eassistantsolutions.com

http://www.eassistantsolutions.com

Hi Linda!

How crazy is that! I would love to get together with you and will also contact you offlist so we can set something up to meet. Don't you just LOVE Southern California!!!

Hi everyone - I am from the Palm Springs area and I would love to attend your next meeting. Please keep me posted.

Thank you,

Evelyn

Hi Evelyn,

I am actually from Huntington Beach, but I am coming to P.S. this weekend for a girls weekend (not the VA's) just friends. :girlsout: Where in P.S. are you located? You can write me off line if you want to meet at our hotel, if yo aren't doing anything, tencaratservices@yahoo.com. The SoCal VA's usually meet every quarter and I was at the 1st one but unfortunately missed the 2nd one which I believe was in April. We will post again in July and you will probably hear from Paula who basically started it all, and you may hear from everyone else as well.

We look forward to meeting you and :welcome: this is a great forum to be a part of.

Hi Terri - sorry I was not able to get this message on time. I hope you had a good time in Palm Springs. I live in Cathedral City which is just a few minutes from Palm Springs. Hopefully we can meet up again sometime.

Just wondering if anyone out there would like to meet up to toss ideas around? I am located in Newport Beach, CA and think it would be great to get together will some fellow VAs for lunch and chat about our businesses.

Hi Paula - and everyone! My name is Sunny and I'm in Long Beach, CA! I've just joined this site's forum and am excited to see that there ARE other VAs nearby! My company's name is So Cal Admin. I launched the company in Oct 2006, have just exited my full-time job with a transportation organization and am on my own... finally! Please count me in for any future get-togethers.

Looking forward to networking with you!

Best,

Sunny

877-SC-ADMIN

www.socaladmin.com

Hi Sunny! I have some new information coming out this week as I have been busy working with another VA to formalize our SoCal VA Group. Watch for info coming soon about the group and our plans.

A big welcome to all you new SoCal VAs :thumbup: Look forward to meeting you all at our next meeting.

Paula, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans for building the SoCal VA Group.