Agent Solutions

I've taken the leap!

Ok gang, I've taken the leap and have started my very first Blog. I don't know a lot about them but am looking forward to playing around with this one. It's only a start and I'm still trying to come up with a catchy title (Any suggestions :) ). Eventually I want to customize it more to suit the redesign of my websites.

Anyhow I would like your feedback so far.

Agent Solutions Blog

Thanks!

Jennifer,

I think it looks very nice.

I don't have a blog and am not sure exactly how they work, but one thing I did notice is that your "links" don't open up in "blank pages". You have to use the back button to get back to your blog.

Congratulations on your first blog.

Patty

Thanks Patty!

I will make that change right away. There are a number of "tweaks" to do and that was on my list.

Thanks again.

B)

Edited by ExecutiveSupportSolutions

Jennifer,

I also do not have a blog yet and have been considering doing one myself. I liked the way yours looks you did a really great job on it. I look forward to reading it in the future.

Suzi

I don't have a blog either but I thought that your blog looked great. I have been thinking about learning more about them and I may even take the leap at some point too!

Jennifer,

I also don't have a blog. I'm still even running around without a "business name" or a "domain name"--but I'm close. :o

You've done a really great job with your blog, considering this is your "first time out". I also like your new website.

Way to go!

Karen

Hi Jennifer,

I don't have a blog, but I am reading "Buzz Marketing with Blogs for Dummies". I just picked this book up at the library and am only on page 32, but what I have read is VERY interesting. One of the things that I thought was interesting is to get people to comment on your blog. One of the tips says...."it is an interactive way to get information from your customers".

This is a current book as the copyright is from 2005.

Oh -- also I think I would reference your blog from your website. Just my humble opinion.

Blessings to you and your blog! :thumbup:

Johnnie

Edited by Johnnie Hamill

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Karen: I am glad you like my website, but stay tuned.....my "new" redesigned sites will be up and running shortly.

Johnnie: You are so right about mentioning my blog on my sites and have done so on my new sites. I was hoping to have the new sites launched fairly shortly so I wasn't sure if I was going to referenced the blog on the current sites or not. I didn't expect to have the blog up and running this soon.

Thanks again everyone

:flowers:

Jennifer,

You're blog looks great - very professional. Kudos to you; I am not yet ready to start a blog myself.

:thumbup:

Best Wishes!

Great job Jennifer! I hope to join you in getting my feet wet in the blogging world soon. Any tips or tricks you'd like to share?

Thank you Melissa and Brandy :)

I think it will be somewhat of a time commitment but I'm hoping to provide a lot of useful information there that will help other VA's as well as educate other Real Estate Professionals about the VA industry. Anything more than that at this point will be a bonus.

I will share whatever tips and tricks I come across as I work my way through this one. (Me and my bright ideas; I already have "ideas" for another blog but I want to see how this one does first.

I would love to hear from you in my blog so feel free to leave comments when/if you have a chance.

B)

Jennifer,

Your blog looks elegant and informative. :thumbup: I subscribed immediately.

I don't have a blog and am not sure exactly how they work, but one thing I did notice is that your "links" don't open up in "blank pages". You have to use the back button to get back to your blog.

Patty,

Blogger's external links open in the same window by design. Jennifer's template uses an XHTML Strict DOCTYPE, and target="_blank" has been deprecated in the Strict HTML and XHTML DTDs. Some visitors will become quite irritated if new windows are spawned in their workspace, so why force your preference on them?

Good article here: Beware of Opening Links in a New Window. The reader comments are also informative.

HTH,

Carol

Jennifer!!!

Great start to your blog!!! :yay:

And......how good it was to finally see you!! You cutie patootie!!!

I pictured you with dark hair...funny how you get a pic in your mind eh??

Kimmer :D