Sign in to follow this  
Tawnya Sutherland

Canadian Funds for VAs

I just found this site....and sent an e-mail to them, I don't know much about it, but it's worth a try! :D

www.grants-loans.ca

Guest Jane

This is a great tip. I'm going to follow up on it too. :yay:

Who in this day and age couldn't do with some extra MONEY nad money that you don't have to pay back!!!.

To buy software and keep up to date costs a bomb these let alone any other equipment. I guess when you are working for a large organization you loose sight of how much everything costs when everyone you work with has the latest and greatest.

Jane :P

I found www.grants-loans.com as well, and I sent them an email. They did reply within a week and left a message on my cell phone v/mail with a number to call them. I tried to retrieve the number from my v/mail when I got back home, and I had lost it - I must have accidentally erased it, instead of saving it. So, I am emailing them again, and this time I will write the number down.

I will let you know what happens after I speak to them....

Lori

:)

I just called the Small Business Consumer Centre at www.grants-loans.com.

They tell me that there are over 400 programs available for Grants (which obviously don't have to be paid back), and many also for Loans. They mail you a package, you complete an application form, and it will take 2 weeks for them to reply with the information. The catch is that they charge you $397.00 for the application package!!!

I said Sorry, but that is a little expensive for my taste for a shot in the dark!

The man I spoke to was really trying a sales pitch! Turns out they are actually an independent research company who has compiled all this information. I kind of assumed (I know, I should never assume!), that this was associated with some branch of the government.

Just thought I would give you a heads up!

Lori

I just found another interesting link:

http://www.2ontario.com/welcome/bcgo_500.asp

(this is for Ontario).

I called and they were very pleasant & helpful. This is a branch of the Ontario government. I inquired about Federal or Provincial government GRANTS that are available to small business. The man I spoke with told me that neither government has offered GRANT programs for many years. All the programs that the government offers are loans. That throws a serious question mark on www.grants-loans.com, doesn't it? (It's the old, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" scenario).

Anyway, they are sending (via email), me a Small Business Start Up package of resources and information, including loans information.

And the great thing is, there is no charge for the service.

I will let you know what is in the package as soon as I get it!

Lori

:)

Lori