Sign in to follow this  
pmdost

Free Listing at our VA Search Engine Directory

First of all, I would like to say hi. I am very excited to have the opportunity to assist on the VAN Forum and working with incredible individuals (2000+ members). I will be maintaining the VA Search Engine Directory, the VANF Toolbar and some other items that Tawnya has in the works for me.

To assist in promoting your website, VAN has included on their site, a “Virtual Assistant Directory”. Below are instructions to include your site into this directory. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Directions for adding your website to the VA Search Engine Directory:

To add a link to the VA Search Engine Directory, either go to the VAN “Home Page”, hover over the tab “Need a VA?” and choose the “VA Directory” or go to the bottom of the VAN “Forum Page” and click on “The Virtual Assistant (VA) Search Engine Networking Directory” on the right hand side.

Once you’re at the “Directory Page”, click on “Add Website”. Please remember to read the Terms and Conditions prior to submitting your website.

There are a few main T’s & C’s that I would like to point out:

- All information submitted is true and complete and will be checked before listing. This service is for Virtual Assistant businesses only, not membership organizations or bulk listings. This site is to assist in promoting careers of Virtual Assistants.

- Absolutely no sites with or linking to adult content will be allowed.

- A site will be rejected if it receives a “404 Not Found” error page.

- Web pages that link to one of the following examples (www.va4u.com, www.geocities.com) will not be approved/submitted into the directory.

Once you agree to the T’s & C’s, you can then input your information into the form. The following information will be required:

- Title of your website

- Full URL of website (Please make sure that you enter the information exactly as it is in the URL, including “/’s”.)

- Head Office Location – For those in the United States/Canada, please remember to include your state/province.

- Description – 25-30 words

- Contact name

- Contact email – Because of spamming related issues, it is no longer possible to register an account on our website using any Hotmail, Yahoo, or AOL, etc. email address. We require every member to use a valid and working email address.

You will then click on the “Add Resource” button. I will be checking the system once or twice per week to see if any site needs to be validated and submitted to the directory.

Please note that you can go in and modify any of the above information by clicking on “Modify Website” and doing the same procedures as above, with the exception of also putting in your URL that is currently in the directory. I will also be validating and submitting these modifications into the directory.

I hope this will assist in making this directory an even bigger success than it already is.

Patty

The VAN Directory keeps growing and growing! It's really exciting to watch all the new sites!

For those of you in the directory, please make sure that your information is kept current (contact name, URL, email address, etc.). We do check the directory every now and then to re-validate sites to make sure we only have accurate, active VA sites in the directory. If any information needs to be modify, go to the VAN Directory Home Page and modify your account.

Thank you for all the submissions and we look forward to growing this directory even larger.

You are the BEST Patty looking after this area for us! I don't know if people realize how much Patty does in the background to keep our VAN here running smoothly but she does TONS!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Patty for keeping our VA Directory current and up to date :)

Just something funny I had to mention. I make beaded jewelry and someone recently suggested to me to buy some Gossemear Thread. I visited the VA Forum Directory today and scroll down to the bottom of the page and find this:

"Pages Updated On: 29-Aug-2006 - 08:13:12

Links Engine Powered By: Gossamer Threads Inc."

Stupid....I know...but just wanted to share.... :)

Kim

Just something funny I had to mention. I make beaded jewelry and someone recently suggested to me to buy some Gossemear Thread. I visited the VA Forum Directory today and scroll down to the bottom of the page and find this:

"Pages Updated On: 29-Aug-2006 - 08:13:12

Links Engine Powered By: Gossamer Threads Inc."

Stupid....I know...but just wanted to share.... :)

Kim

Speaking of Gossamer Threads, I'd love someone to volunteer to upgrade our VA directory to their newest version. I have no idea how to do it. The newest version is more slick and professional looking too.