I've having a horrible time installing ACT! 2006 - I've disabled my virus/firewall and the windows firewall, but for some reason ACT! won't install - it keeps getting interrupted (at the very end of the installation)

Does anyone know why it's happening, or how to fix it?

Thx..

~Erin

Erin:

I had the same problem and spends a couple of weeks installing and uninstalling. Finally, when it did load properly, the screens would take 4-5 minutes to come up on my screen. I have no easy solution for you but just wanted to let you know that I had problems too. I uninstalled and went back to using ACT! 2000.

Kim

Guest Ink Think

Oh no. I just broke down and bought a copy of ACT! 8.0 (2006) on eBay.

Can I ask a stupid question... It's basically a glorified, pre-formatted DB, right? Why does it need the firewall disabled, etc? I found a free tool for CRM a few weeks ago, but when it started asking me to disable things and change code it freaked me out and I uninstalled it. What am I missing here?

Guest Chai
Oh no. I just broke down and bought a copy of ACT! 8.0 (2006) on eBay.

Can I ask a stupid question... It's basically a glorified, pre-formatted DB, right? Why does it need the firewall disabled, etc? ........ What am I missing here?

Act works with your outlook word, excel, access. Mail mergers and internet explorer.. that is why you have to either create a firewall rule, or disable the firewall.

One of the main problems with ACT!2006 is that it is not compatible with .NET 2.0 (which is a necessary component for other programs such as QuickBooks) ACT!2007 and higher has fixed this issue. Their tech support is helpful with these problems but do not let them remove the .NET until you are certain that you don't have any other programs that rely on this to function.