Guest TerryGreen

IAVOA - VA Conference in Dallas Texas, October 12 - 15, 2006

Duh ... now I have to go and translate Farenheit into Celsius so that I know how warm or cold it will be in Dallas! But it sounds like it will be "mild?"

I'm so excited I know I won't be able to sleep tonight. I'm nervous cuz Big T and I are giving a presentation. And I am absolutely DREADING saying bye-bye to my little boy ... even if it's only for 5 days. My throat gets tight whenever I think about it too long. Is that insane or what? :(

Duh ... now I have to go and translate Farenheit into Celsius so that I know how warm or cold it will be in Dallas! But it sounds like it will be "mild?"

I'm so excited I know I won't be able to sleep tonight. I'm nervous cuz Big T and I are giving a presentation. And I am absolutely DREADING saying bye-bye to my little boy ... even if it's only for 5 days. My throat gets tight whenever I think about it too long. Is that insane or what? :(

In Canadian terms Karri, it will be hot and muggy for us ;)

Think of it as 4 nights, not 5 days. I remember a few years ago when I went away to Europe for a couple weeks without kids. I had so much fun that I got to the point where I was only calling home every 3 days or so. It was really hard in the start though to relax and just go with life. If it was meant to be something would happen to my kids while away, it was meant to be and out of my control. One thing that was in my control was having fun while on my trip, which I did (although if you ask Arnie, I was still worrying LOL).

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

I hope you all have fun and try not to worry too much about the rest of us left behind pining for you ... It will be hard .......... (sniff) ........ but we'll get through it somehow.

And has been said before, bring back a lotta lotta photos.

Local Dallas Weather Forecast as of Today 10/10/06 (in Fahrenheit):

Wednesday High 82 / Low 59

Thursday High 64 / Low 56

Friday High 68 / Low 43

Saturday High 69 / Low 49

Conversion found at

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm.

Below is the conversion for the above:

Wednesday High 27 / Low 15

Thursday High 18 / Low 13

Friday High 20 / Low 6

Saturday 21 / Low 9

Ok, I guess I'll be leaving my winter coat at home! LOL.

Hey, on this page http://www.vaconference.com/hotel.htm it says that ground transportation to/from DFW airport is free. So, um, what exactly does that mean? Are there designated shuttles that go back and forth to the Holiday Inn??

I don't fly that often and have never been to Dallas, so bear with me ;)

Karri

PS: How many Canucks are going to be there? So far I only know of 3 of us!

Karri,

I checked with the hotel. When you land at DFW Airport call the hotel (972.243.3363) and let them know the terminal and gate at DFW. Then they will come and pick you up.

I would plan on 30 minutes from time of call to pick-up (based on where they are and a minimal amount of traffic). Unless they have a van in the area -- which is possible... :whistlin:

HTH!

Karri,

You're too funny!! Yes, there are designated shuttles to and from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. The only obligation you may want to do is a tip (probably a dollar or two) to the shuttle driver.

I'm definitely leaving my winter coat at home although the temps here in Detroit will be in the 40s both trips! They're even calling for snow here! Brrrrrr!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you all ...

Yippppeee!!!! Two days until arrival!!

Tena

I know I have posted a lot today... :wub:

FYI, I have heard both Bryan Dodge and Jeff Crilley speak (within the last two years). Make sure you have your notetaking skills ready to go. They probably will have product with them to sell.

J

Karri,

I checked with the hotel. When you land at DFW Airport call the hotel (972.243.3363) and let them know the terminal and gate at DFW. Then they will come and pick you up.

I would plan on 30 minutes from time of call to pick-up (based on where they are and a minimal amount of traffic). Unless they have a van in the area -- which is possible... :whistlin:

HTH!

They said the same to me too Karri, just call them and they will pick you up

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

I'm so excited to get to meet some of you :). Then, I get nervous about the stupid plane ride :o . Then, I get sad because I have to leave my family :( . Wow! That's a lot of emotions! j

I have to take my son to the sitter and my daughter/grandson are going to meet me there. I'll get to give hugs and kisses. Then hubby is driving me to the airport (an hour away). Then I fly to Dallas.

Tomorrow is going to be one long day!!!

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Have a great time at the convention, everyone! I can't wait to hear all about it! As the others have said...take lots of pictures!

Safe travels to all of you! :)

Angela

Guest TerryGreen

Too many posts to keep up with ... so here's my take on everything.

I left for Dallas yesterday (am here now, finally!) and arrived this morning at 1 a.m. Of course, the shuttle stops running after 10:00pm :( . The airline moved my flight forward by three hours ... and didn't tell me they changed my reservations. Everything!!!! The times, the flights, the layovers, absolutely everything. Fortunately, I wasn't able to pull anything up on the Internet so I had to call them. That's how I found out on Monday that I had to leave home by 2pm on Tuesday rather than 5pm. There went my day. Plus, the hotel totally screwed up my reservations. Between the hotel and Central reservations, I had two of them. You'd think I'd at least have a room waiting for me in the wee hours of the morning with two reservations, but one of them was guaranteed for late arrival on Thursday (NOT!) and the one for last night was cancelled because I didn't get here before 6pm ... even though I called them ahead of time and let them know I'd be here around 2am. So, they had to redo all of my reservations and I didn't get to bed until about 4:30 am this morning :zz::zz::zz: oh!!!! sorry about that, I must have fallen asleep. As I was saying ....

Never fear though ... I checked and Tawnya and Karri, you have a room!!! And, it will either be next door to us or right across a very narrow hall :angel_not: .

It was chilly last night, and since I didn't bring a sweater I may have to get one.

I've got my trusty camera and it holds about 600+ photos ... and I can download them to my PC. I'll just have to figure out a good place to put them. Beware all ye conference goers ... I take "candid" shots :naughty: .

Heck yeah the parties in our room every night ... and Jennifer is footing the bill :thumbup: .

Even though yesterday was a bit :blink: , I'm here, I've got a couple of cups of coffee in me, and I've got my party hat on :yay:.

Watch out Dallas ... Here we come

Wow - Terry!!! What chaos! Glad you made it safely - if not eventfully (of course trips that go as planned don't make near as good of stories) Rest up girl, here we come!

See ya tomorrow, safe flights everyone. I'm so completely looking forward to this!