IAVOA - VA Conference in Dallas Texas, October 12 - 15, 2006

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat presentation on the photos, Sally! I had such an awesome time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this has changed everything for me. My business is so new, I really feel enabled to proceed with a better plan of attack now. The brain power in that hotel, holy cow, we coulda been dangerous!!! ha ha

Looking forward to the coming year, lots of work to get done :)

Oh, Tena, I remember you - we almost didn't get to eat at the banquet together, lol!

Hi Everyone...

It was so nice to meet most of you at the VA Conference. I am so disappointed that my schedule did not permit me to be able to meet with you all on Friday night and on Saturday. Hopefully I will not have anything on my schedule next time -- and the conference will not be in Dallas so that I can make sure nothing will interfere!

In the brief time I had at the conference I learned so much from each of you. Each of you are truly gifted and talented. May your lives be truly blessed in every way!

Have an awesome day today!

Johnnie

Paula,

I will agree wholeheartedly with you that going to the conference has changed my outlook on my business and what I need to do going forward! I'll be the first to admit that I hit a slump over the summer and haven't been able to pick myself up and get back in the groove. The conference and people there gave me the encouragement and ooomph I needed/wanted to get going again. And there is MUCH work to be done not only in the upcoming year but even before the end of THIS year. GOALS, GOALS, GOALS! Now I need to stick to them and MEET them!

As for the banquet dinner on Saturday night, I thought it was going to be a "virtual" dinner!! You were an excellent conversationalist with Mr. Jordan!! If you remember them, you'll have to tell us all about 1CoolDog!!!

Tena

Sally: You did a wonderful job putting those pictures together ... only I'm not in one of them and I was there! <hehehe> :blink::blink:

To everyone: It was great meeting you all. Being able to have face-to-face conversations with people you're used to typing to was nice.

Terry will need to fill us in the remainder of her trip when she's able. I hope you all were able to catch up on sleep. I took an additional day off yesterday from my "corporate" job to sleep more before picking up the dog at the kennel. That time change can be a killer and it was only an hour behind for me!

Again, it was good to meet everyone and chat a little on the side (although most of you probably don't even remember me!!!).

Later gang!

Tena

OK, that makes me feel better cuz all I did yesterday was sleep and hang out with my son (sssh, don't tell my clients!), and I'm only 1 hour behind Dallas as well. Thankfully my little boy was just happy to be "with" Mommy again yesterday and snuggling on the couch with cartoons was enough ;)

Sigh, it's always so good to be home!

Karri

• Virtual Assistant Career

Oh I love the pics and it makes me miss everyone too!

We need to do this more often LOL!

If anyone has any pics, please zip up and send to me at tawnya@vanetworking.com and I will put up on a webpage. Anyone that was taking pics of the VAN Gang in the hospitality room 139 that night, please send all as I want to go through and pick a few out for the website header I am creating.

T.

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Anyone that was taking pics of the VAN Gang in the hospitality room 139 that night, please send all as I want to go through and pick a few out for the website header I am creating.

I can't wait to see that one!

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Guest TerryGreen

Oh I love the pics and it makes me miss everyone too!

We need to do this more often LOL!

If anyone has any pics, please zip up and send to me at tawnya@vanetworking.com and I will put up on a webpage. Anyone that was taking pics of the VAN Gang in the hospitality room 139 that night, please send all as I want to go through and pick a few out for the website header I am creating.

T.

Yes, yes, we need to do this more often!!! I'm game.

I'm on my friend's computer right now, so I'm able to get some things done. Sally's photos were great, and I have a bunch more. I get home on Thursday, so I'll zip them and send them to you Tawnya. I may be able to put them up on a site, and I labeled them in Picassa so I would know who everyone is. There are a few I don't know, but for the most part, I remember. I have three photos of all of us in the VAN shirts, and I even have a photo of Tena to prove she was there!

I'm still recovering, but we went to the Texas State Fair today and had a blast.

So much stuff to remember and imlement in my business that it isn't funny. I can't wait to get home and get going on it. Talk to you all soon

Terry

• Virtual Assistant Career
So when are you guys going to post the notes you took of all the speakers? We want to do better in our businesses too :( .

Great pics, if it's in Virginia next year I know I'll be able to go.

Who took notes?? LOL I'm actually more of a listener than note-taker. They did provide us with notes from each speaker's presentation so if I had any at all, I just added to those.

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Okay this is me posting...I hope I do this right.

I had a great time and met the most fabulous group of people - it was soooooooooooooo worth it and I can't wait for next year.

Sally, great job on the photos - it really gave a sense of the feeling of being there.

I miss everyone, it's nice to have a dose of non-virtual once in a while.

Anyone have pics of the following?

Our trip to Dealy plaza (Elayne/Tawnya/Patty)?

The speakers while they were presenting (Big T and I included)?

Thanks!

Karri

Anyone have pics of the following?

Our trip to Dealy plaza (Elayne/Tawnya/Patty)?

The speakers while they were presenting (Big T and I included)?

Thanks!

Karri

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.