Guest TerryGreen

IAVOA - VA Conference in Dallas Texas, October 12 - 15, 2006

Is anyone from the NC/SC area planning on going? Cheapo Air has a flight from Charlotte for $278 and for only a few more dollars I can fly from Columbia....that's leaving on the 11th and coming back the 15th. It will be so great if I get to go! I'm getting excited just thinking about it....

I am sooo gonna try and attend this year!!!

Hey question for yas.....I went to Mexico a while back and lost my passport ( got mugged my 2nd day there) :ninja: , any-hoo, I'm in Canada, so I would need a passport right??<<Don't get out much...lol.

Kimmer :blink:

Guest TerryGreen

I am very interested in attending the conference and would look forward to meeting other VA's face-to-face.

My question, though, is what should new VA's expect to get from the conference. For those of you that have attended, I'm sure that your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Patty

Patty,

You will come away with so much information and so many new resources to grow your business that your head will spin. I think this year will be even better for newer VAs, because there are going to be sessions especially for new and emerging VAs. Check out the website http://www.vaconference.com and look at the agenda. Two days of sessions and breakouts and networking until you are blue in the face!!! Trust me, it's well worth the investment in your business to attend these conferences.

Warmest regards,

Terry

I am sooo gonna try and attend this year!!!

Hey question for yas.....I went to Mexico a while back and lost my passport ( got mugged my 2nd day there) :ninja: , any-hoo, I'm in Canada, so I would need a passport right??<<Don't get out much...lol.

Kimmer :blink:

Kimmer,

I'm pretty sure you have to have a passport now with all the garbage that's been going on. You've got 6 months to get a new one, so get your fanny out there and do it. Ya just gotta be there this year!!!!!

Warmest regards,

Terry

Adrienne,

That is great I hadn't gotten to AirTran yesturday while researching. Maybe you and I can fly together. That would be fun and a great way to talk to someone on a long flight. I will either be going a day early or leaving a day late so that I can get a day of site seeing in also while there in Dallas.

Michelle and anyone else thinking of staying over ... Diana Ennen and I are going to be flying out late afternoon on Sunday so we can do some sightseeing ... would love to have a few more hanging out with us.

Warmest regards,

Terry

I am very interested in attending the conference and would look forward to meeting other VA's face-to-face.

My question, though, is what should new VA's expect to get from the conference. For those of you that have attended, I'm sure that your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Patty

Patty, outside of the great and lasting friendships made I walked away with a wealth of information for my business and how to get it on track. Others got to know me and my Microsoft skills that would never have known if I didn't attend. I now get referrals from individuals that I met at the conference briefly and remember me. There are individuals out there on Message Boards that I don't belong too who recommend me. The conference was a big marketing plus without even knowing I was marketing myself. It really became a "Marketing Virus" for me.

Michelle and anyone else thinking of staying over ... Diana Ennen and I are going to be flying out late afternoon on Sunday so we can do some sightseeing ... would love to have a few more hanging out with us.

Warmest regards,

Terry

Terry this is great and I have every intention of leaving late on Sunday if that is the day that I do leave. (I don't have to meet up with Mikey on my return trip this year.) Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Michelle and Terry,

Thank you for your responses. I'm looking into airline flights now.

Patty

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Kim, we don't need a passport here in BC to cross over to states via car so you may not need one yet...phone an airline and ask.

I was researching this earlier this year for travel from US to Canada and back, and at that point they said I would only need my driver license (and possibly birth cert). The passport laws are being gradually changed over the next 2 years in order to comply with all the new anti-terrorism laws.

See here for more information:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

It looks like you won't have to have a passport until 12/31/06 for air and sea travel, or until 12/31/07 for travel on land. :thumbup:

I can't advise you on re-entry to Canada...

I wish I could enjoy a BEER! I have tempted my tastebuds 1000 times over with every kind of beer imaginable and I still can't acquire a taste for it. I actually only drink wine most times if I do drink at all anymore. I'm not young anymore and the hangover headaches I can do without now. Actually wine is the worst headache of all of them! HA! I do like a good dark spice rum and 7up now and then if I do have a socialable drink. Its just those coloured drinks look soooooooooooo yummy! Gotta have one when holidayinnnnnnnn! Who said we had to be in learning mode the whole time we are at the VAconference? ;)

Don't worry Tawnya, I'm allergic to wheat and gluten, so even if I COULD acquire a taste, I can't have it...I'm a winer myself... :)

I'm going to be there this year as well...I had a BLAST last year....

I think a few of us are flying in Wednesday evening as well...and I asked Tim if he wanted to come and I think he'd rather cut off his right arm than spend time with me and a bunch of my friends and colleagues...suits me just fine... :) now dead weight to drag along with me... :)

see you all there!!!

Don't worry Tawnya, I'm allergic to wheat and gluten, so even if I COULD acquire a taste, I can't have it...I'm a winer myself... :)

Can't have gluten (wheat) either -- I've got dermatitis herpetiformis (DH - Celiac Disease)!

Anyone looking for more information about this disease, check out:

http://www.celiac.org/cd-main.php

Living gluten/wheat free at first is very hard, but with places like Whole Foods Market, Amy's Products and others, it makes it much easier than say 30 years ago.

Blessings,

Johnnie

Can't have gluten (wheat) either -- I've got dermatitis herpetiformis (DH - Celiac Disease)!

Anyone looking for more information about this disease, check out:

http://www.celiac.org/cd-main.php

Living gluten/wheat free at first is very hard, but with places like Whole Foods Market, Amy's Products and others, it makes it much easier than say 30 years ago.

Blessings,

Johnnie

OMG are you kidding me? It's better now than it was 5 years ago.... :) and yes, it's tough...but mine is not as bad as some cases that I've heard about.....

Guest TerryGreen

I'm going to be there this year as well...I had a BLAST last year....

I think a few of us are flying in Wednesday evening as well

Diana and I are staying late on Sunday, but I'd love to fly in early too. It would be great to start the weekend early! Got room for one more (or two - how about it Diana, wanna spring for another night?)?

Warmest regards,

Terry

I just got my ticket! I'm coming in Thursday afternoon but am staying until Sunday evening. Looking forward to meeting you all! Would love to do some site seeing on Sunday.

Heather... you're allergic to wheat and gluten...I'm so disappointed... does that mean no beer? I guess we'll have to have VAmopolitans instead.

I'm booked yeah! Cost me an arm and part of my fat leg but at least I'm booked! You'd think for over $700 I would at least be served lunch...geesh....where are these airlines customer service anymore? LOL

Anyhow, here's my itinerary and if anyone is flying in around the same time on Wednesday, let me know and we can meet up at the airport. I'm going to be sharing a room with Elayne from CVAC. Us Canadians gotta stick together you know now that we are in gun country ;)

Tawnya

> 11 OCT 06 - WEDNESDAY

> AIR AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT:814 ECONOMY FOOD FOR PURCHASE

> LV VANCOUVER BC 702A EQP: MD-80

> DEPART: MAIN TERMINAL 04HR 05MIN

> AR DALLAS FT WORTH 107P NON-STOP

> ARRIVE: TERMINAL D REF: MYVXKI

>

> 15 OCT 06 - SUNDAY

> AIR AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT:887 ECONOMY FOOD FOR PURCHASE

> LV DALLAS FT WORTH 439P EQP: MD-80

> DEPART: TERMINAL D 04HR 17MIN

> AR VANCOUVER BC 656P NON-STOP

> ARRIVE: MAIN TERMINAL REF: MYVXKI

Diana and I are staying late on Sunday, but I'd love to fly in early too. It would be great to start the weekend early! Got room for one more (or two - how about it Diana, wanna spring for another night?)?

Terry

Terry you can share my bed if you like for Wednesday night ;) hehehe

Speaking of which, should I phone down to the hotel and book the room on my card instead? I know you had reserved both rooms on your card. That way when Elayne and I fly in early we can get our room without complications?

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Ok, I'm in too! I will arrive at DFW at 2:54 p.m. on Wednesday, October 11 and fly out on Sunday afternoon at 12:47.

I have registered for the conference, but haven't booked my room yet.

Anyone looking for a non-smoking roommate? I may snore a little, but I've been told I'm a "gentle snorer"....my cat never complains!

This is exciting!