Guest TerryGreen

IAVOA - VA Conference in Dallas Texas, October 12 - 15, 2006

Guest TerryGreen

It is definitely worth going. I went last year, and there are quite a few of us from VAN who will be there this year as well. Fred from IAVOA said that early registration was up 70% this year, so if you want to go, you'd better hop to it :bounce8: . From what I understand, there is a limit as to the # of people the rooms will hold.

Hope to see you there,

Warmest regards,

Terry

Hey

You really gotta go. It's going to be awesome. You will make friends that last a lifetime.

Here's a press release on it if you haven't seen it. Feel free to pass this on.

Virtual Assistants Get Face-To-Face

Virtual assistants from across the globe to converge in Dallas, Texas for an action-packed weekend, October 12-14, 2006.

O’Fallon, Illinois, May 8, 2006—VA Conference 2006 hosts Kelly Poelker of Illinois and Fred and Shirley Gandee of Oklahoma have announced Dallas, Texas as the site for its Sixth Annual Virtual Assistant Conference.

“When we learned of Dallas' new slogan–Live Large. Think Big–it only confirmed that we had made the right choice to host VA Conference in Dallas and adopted that as our theme for the conference – Live Large. Think Big. Become a Stellar VA,” states Poelker. The slogan is described as "the essence of a city built on big dreams, freshly blazed trails and an attitude that all things are possible." The conference hosts promise to energize attendees to apply the same principles in their business–a business built on big dreams, freshly blazed trails and an attitude that all things are possible!

The agenda has been expanded to include a Thursday night networking event, and two full days on Friday and Saturday. The co-hosts are lining up successful virtual assistants from across the country to facilitate workshops and break out sessions for virtual assistants at all levels – new virtual assistants to those ready to take their business to the next level. VA Conference believes in learning from each other by having presenters who walk the talk as virtual assistants each and every day. “Last year I attended my first conference in St. Louis and will never miss another one!” says Diana Ennen, owner of Virtual Word Publishing and co-author of Virtual Assistant – The Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA. “The expert advice I received and the relationships I established were priceless. I highly recommend every VA attend.”

Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information or to register online, visit the conference website at: http://www.VAConference.com. Early bird registration begins

May 8, 2006.

I live just north of Dallas so I guess I'd better make it!! :-> Instead of 'farthest traveled' maybe I'll get 'closest traveled'.

Angela H

Wow...all your posts have me Motivated in attending this year. I just recently sent this information to my friend who lives in Arlington Texas, which is where I lived before moving to Maine. I think I could make this a trip to visit a friend and take her with me to the VA conference where she will also get motivated with her dream!!! Wow...maybe that is taking care of three things :yay: Thanks guys!!!!

Patricia Dearborn

Ocean Administrative Solutions

Steady & Reliable as the Tide!

I was teasing Fred the other day on the phone (Shirley and him organize this wonderful event together with Kelly Poelker). I kept telling him that we were the reason registrations were up 70% because we were inspiring each other to attend here through our posts LOL! It's great to see the attendance up as many wondered what would happen to the conference now that Janet would not be there because of her sudden and untimely death. She was such an instrumental part of past conference successes. She must be overlooking it all and clapping her hands from heaven.

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Guest TerryGreen

Wow! :yay: I just went through and counted everyone who said they were going to the conference this year.

I have 15 (18) yes's, and 4 "hope so's"

So far the yes's are:

Me (Terry Green :P ) - arriving Wed.

Tawnya - arriving Wed.

Diana Ennen

Elayne Whitfield - arriving Wed.

Candy Beauchamp

Julie Ensor

Michelle Z-D - arriving Wed.

Patty Dost – arriving Wed.

Meisha – arriving Wed.

Heather Jacobson - arriving Wed.

Becki Noles - arriving Wed.

Sally Kuhlman

Karri Flatla

Angela H.

Vala McKenzie

Johnnie Hamill (added)

Donna Toothaker (added)

Tom Beauchamp (added)

I also have 4 that I saw as maybe's ....

Adrienne B., Kimmer, Zee and Patricia

How about it ladies ... will we see you there?

Have I missed anyone? If anyone else is going or thinking about going, let us know. Wouldn't it be great if we could get about 20 of us all from VAN?????? Talk about a major :girlsout:

Warmest regards,

Terry

Guest TerryGreen

Woo hoo Donna!!!!

That's great ... I'm so glad you'll be there :yay: . We'll finally be able to have that birthday drink in person. Are you coming in on Wednesday or Thursday?

Warmest regards,

Terry

Guest TerryGreen

Tom will be there too! :-)

I'm sorry Candy, I didn't mean to exclude Tom :o . With he and Donna included, we now have 17 going!!!!

Warmest regards,

Terry

Just to let those of you know who haven't paid for registration yet, Fred (IVAA) sent out an email reminding everyone that the rate will increase beginning August 1 (see below).

"Hello All,

Some VAs that have registered for the conference have not paid their registration yet. If you registered and have not paid your registration fees yet, please be advised that late registration payment goes into effect on August 1, 2006. Your registration fees will increase to $149.00 if not paid before the end of this month. To make your payment please goto. http://vaconference.com/regpayment.htm

If you cannot make your payment through paypal or a credit card you can call 918-753-2716 and make your payment by check by phone or check by fax.

Sincerely,

Alfred L. Gandee

918-753-2716"

Patty

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.