Sign in to follow this  
Guest AmandaD

VAN Meeting Room

Guest AmandaD

There is a meeting room available for all VAN volunteers, Administrators, Moderators and Committee Directors. It will be used for VAN committee meetings. You may also use it for your business to hold client meetings and/or seminars.

There is both voice and text chat in the room, so speakers are required as VAN meetings will be held through voice chat. If you don't already have a microphone and would like to use the voice feature, you can pick one up for about $20 at your local electronics/office supply store.

To use the room, click here

You may be asked to download a plug-in prior to using the room. If you are prompted for a password, please leave the field blank.

The room will be operated on a schedule basis. Before using the meeting room, please check the calendar and e-mail vanmeetingroom@vaad.biz to book your space.

As the calendar is currently empty - visit the room and check it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Edited by Tawnya

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I'm sometimes not the brightest bulb in the store, but I keep getting booted out!

I downloaded the chat room earlier in the week, but I undeleted and downloaded the link Amanda provided below. Everything is going fine. I choose to "Log In," put in my UserName, it goes to the room but there's this popup that says there's a new version and "Click Here to Download." I choose it, it does something, then I get booted out!! I've tried this process numerous times with the same result.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what I may be doing incorrectly?

Tena :coffee:

We had this same problem on our Friday morning chat session.

Tawnya or Amanda or Michelle - Do we know what the problem may be?

I think we're all really excited to use this room and we want to chat :D !

Thank you - Patty

Guest TerryGreen

I thought I was the only one having the problem :wacko: . I got caught in the loop and couldn't get out of it. Install, log in, download. Install, log in, download. Install, log in, download. Install, log in, download.

I'm still not in :blink:

Warmest regards,

Terry

Guest AmandaD

I have no idea! I just tried the room for the first time myself today and had the same problem...

Tawnya??

I thought i was the only one having problems and thankfully its not just me. The problem i seem to be having is when loging into the room, it tries to connect and then does absolutely nothing :(

This is what my techie guy said to try but right now I'm getting a message that our room has expired so I just emailed him about it. This is the fix he suggested:

It seems the problems surround the new version detection. That problem is still not corrected - the developer hasn't gotten to that particular issue. When users get that popup they should:

1. Close that popup window

2. Close the the window with the User Name and prompt (if it is open)

3. Go back to the "First time users ....." link to download and install the plugin. If they see a popup saying it can't copy the file with the Try Again, Ignore, Cancel actions, it means the popup is still an active process. They should click cancel and close the application - most likely the User Name and Password prompt.

http://67.19.90.10/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs400493cad996

Here is a link to the new upgraded room:

http://67.19.90.10/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs400493cad996

Please download the plugin again before using as it is an updated version.

Let's cross our fingers here...It is working for me right now.

Tawnya,

I use FireFox and found that if I go to the link you provided through IE and then download the software, you can then enter the conference room through IE or Firefox. It works on both now.

Patty