Hi all,

I just wanted to share my news with you all. I was finally made redundant from my job on Monday! :thumbup: I have known that it was coming for some time and was getting increasingly fed up at having to go into the office every week and listen to one rumour after another about when it would actually happen.

So now it's time for me to put my plans into action and have a go at running my business, on my own, just me without any back-up income from my job. I am so excited about finally getting the opportunity to do it yet I do feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of freedom and control I now have over my life. I don't have to set the alarm clock unless I want to, I don't have to work fixed hours, I don't have to justify an extended lunch break, I don't have to put in a request for holidays and I don't have to put up with back-stabbing, two faced, discriminative, exploitative managers ANYMORE!!!! (well unless I fall flat on my face!). I plan to try it out for about 12 months and see how it goes.

A good sign is that I also got a new client today so maybe the Gods are smiling on me! :)

Guest Cheryl

Well it's a little bit scary not having the income, but good for you on your client, and best of luck to you.

Cheryl

Guest Assistyouvirtually

Hello,

Things happen for a reason......you are done with your job and got a client. It's ment to be!

Good things are happening for you! Congratulations! :yay:

Pauline

Wow, I know how that feels, but hey, it does sound like you're off to a good start with a new client. Hang in there Clare, you're going to do just fine. :) Best wishes...

Hi Clare,

I too am in that point in my life. However, they are closing my corp job and moving it to Atlanta. If all goes well and the company sticks to their word, I should get a small Severance and Retention package after next month, which will help. But after that...it's all me. I'm still trying to land clients...that's a slow process, but I'm hoping it will pick up when I'm not working full-time on my corp job. So, it is actually exciting and scary at the same time. There is something to be said for having a steady income...but I'm also hoping to learn what there is to be said about having your freedom as well!!!

Good luck to you and I look forward to sharing our parallel journeys!!!!

Warmly,

Sandy

Peak Assist

Helping your business reach the pinnacle of success!

Guest The Edge VA

That is fantastic for you!

I've read that some people waited as long as a year before their first client and here you are, 2 days in and you've landed one already!!

Well Done!

Congratulations on your new client, Clare! You're off to a great start on your solo flight!

I wish you the best of luck! :)

Angela

Congratulations on your first client Clare!

I went through a similar displacement back in January that encouraged me to take my VA practise full time. For me it was a blessing in disguise as I guess I was one of those birds that had to pushed from the nest before I tried out my new wings. As scary as it can all be it's also very fulfilling. You have a great support system here to help you along the way what ever you encounter someone here is sure to be able to relate and guide you through.

All my best :)

Yep, when one door closes, ten more open. :)

This is going to be such an exciting year for you. You are doing the right thing by following your instincts. And for sure take that new client as a sign ;)

BEST of luck to you,

Karri

Guest coxadmin

Hi Clare

Congratulations on the new client and all the best as you keep going.

Congatulations Clare! You're going to do just fine. You haven't even started and you already have a client.

Keep it up!

Patty

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Congratulations Clare. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of your "solo" (even though with all of us here you're really never alone) journey goes.

Denise

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support.

I have been working part-time as a VA for nearly a year now and already have some clients. I hope that I will be able to use my increased availability to attract more new ones, yesterday was certainly a great start and gave me the lift I needed and the confidence that I can make it work.

Thanks again.

Guest Shandra

Wow that must be exciting!! I am glad you are on you way sounds great. I am sure you will do just fine. Congrats and good luck. :yay:

Wow. Good for you. I know EXACTLY where you are at and about being exciting, but scary. We've been living on my husband's income for 2 years and I've been slowly working on getting my business set up. Well...he lost his job last Friday. So not only is he looking for a new job like mad, I am ramping up my search for clients and excited to finally get this goind. Best of luck and well wishes to you and all of us who wish to have control of our daily lives!!