Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Edge VA

ACT! for Real Estate...

I hate to bring back an old post, but I have a question about ACT. I'm just starting up my VA business, and I have heard really good things about this program. However, I didn't realize there were different versions. I'm hoping to have at least a fair amount of Real Estate Agents as clients, because I have an extensive background in Property Management, and some familiarity with purchase/sales, as I have been assisting my dad with his marketing. I guess my question is...if I purchase the ACT Real Estate version, would this be something I could utilize for non-real estate clients too?

Each client you begin working with will likely already have an existing CRM that they want you to use, or they will want recommendations from you as to what to use. Just because you buy a license for ACT, doesn't mean that you will have any clients that want to use it. It's almost always the client that purchases the software they want their VA to manage.

I run QB Pro 2007 on my computer and found out (after the fact) that ACT does not play well with the .NET 2.0 that is needed for my QB software. Trying to install ACT and running the program gave me nothing but a big headache. ACT says they have the problem fixed in the 2007 and higher versions but when I went to download the free trial (just to make sure) I had the exact same problems. I don't think I am meant to run ACT on my computer....... :) :)