Sign in to follow this  
Lori

What the ***bleep*** is going on here?

Okay, I need some help again...

One of my clients has set up me up with an email address for their business - so I can send email on behalf of the business, without it looking like it was coming from somewhere else. Simple enough, right? That's what I thought too.

For example, my email address is l.padgett@dahdahdah.ca. The webhost has set it up to be rerouted to my lori@apexadministration.com addy. Again, sounds simple enough.

For a test run, I opened up a new message in Outlook, addressed it to l.padgett@dahdahdah.ca and hit send. Should come right back into my inbox right? Wrong. It goes into never-never land, never to be seen again.

Next, I try to send an email to my client at her address which is, again for example, s.smith@dahdahdah.ca to see if her address works. Nope, it bounces back to me as well. So, I'm harping on her webhost this afternoon about it, my client is upset because we can't communicate by email, and everyone is blaming everyone else. :wacko:

THEN, tonight I try it again. This time I get a failure notice in my inbox and here is what it said...

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<l.padgett@dahdahdah.ca>:

12.34.567.89 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 554 The IP Address of the sender (12.34.567.89) was found in a DNS blacklist database and was therefore refused. Giving up on 12.34.567.89.

I'm not sure what a "DNS blacklist database is, but it can't be good. What the **ll is happening???

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Help?

:)

You might have already covered this, but have you and your client each set up POP accounts within your email client? (As opposed to IMAP where the emails remain on the server.)

Just wondering if it's possible that the server is backed up with unread emails which can happen due to the above as well as other reasons.

??

Karri