Sign in to follow this  
pmdost

Need to say goodbye to our pet

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sitting here writing this in tears. I remember all the times that I've gone down that road and my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Pebbles was beautiful.

Caroline.

Yvonne,

I'm so sorry to hear about Thomas. He was young, but it doesn't matter. He was part of the family and it's a big loss. Give hugs to the girls.

I had to tell my 7-year-old son tonight. He cried for a while, but I think he'll be okay.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and prayers.

We have decided to have the ashes returned and put her in the backyard so she'll be close to him. The place was beautiful, but we found out it was 2 hours away.

Guest TerryGreen

Patty and Yvonne,

So sorry to hear about Pebbles going sooner than expected and the loss of Thomas. It's amazing how close and attached we get to our furry babies. People that don't have pets may think we're a bit odd sometimes, but they just don't understand the connection. My husband and I have discussed what we would do if we lost our dog, Saydie. She's an 8 year-old Springer Spaniel, and truly the best dog I've ever had. She's getting older and fatter, but still has more energy than most younger dogs. As much as I love having a dog, I don't know that I would ever have another one if something happened to her. My kids are all grown and out of the house, so she's the baby. She smiles (she shows teeth when she smiles at my husband) when we come home after being gone for any length of time, and thinks she's a "people.

((((((hugs))))))) to both of you ...

Warmest regards,

Terry

Hi Patty & Yvonne,

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I haven't owned a pet for many years, but I still remember going through this with our cat, Blackie, when I was 9 years old. It was a difficult time for all of us.

You and your families will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Angela

People that don't have pets may think we're a bit odd sometimes, but they just don't understand the connection.

I think people that don't have pets are odd sometimes. Besides the love of God, I know of no love more pure and unconditional than the love of a pet.

(just had to throw in my :penny: on this one)

Hi Patty & Yvonne,

I'm just catching up on VAN and I am so sorry to hear about both of your losses. I have 3 of my own cats and my "baby" Punkin is 16 yrs old. He is strictly an indoor cat and is my favorite (don't tell the other 2). I just took him in a few weeks ago for a thyroidectomy. I took him in today to get his stitches out and he gained half a pound in 12 days so that's good sign. Since he's getting old, he's getting crabby and not the wonderful disposition he used to have, but he's still my "baby" and he is suppose to be with me for at least another 15 years...I'd like to go for the World record. ;)

Anyway, I couldn't imagine life without him, but I know I will have to make that tough decision hopefully a lot later than sooner. My heart goes out to both of you and you're truly loved kitties!!

Warmly,

Sandy