Sign in to follow this  
Tawnya Sutherland

Proud Mom ... yet a bit leary too ~

Just wanted to bloat a bit to family/friends. Connor, my youngest joined the http://breaknecks.net (click on Team and find him right hand corner to read his bio). You can also see pics of him here: http://breaknecks.net/media.html He also got sponsored by Stratos Skimboards, a local board company here (that will save me $$$ as I won't have to buy any equipment) All I will have to do is sit back and worry about him breaking his neck now.

To learn more about this new sport, you can visit here: http://www.skimboarding.ca/

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg

Hey, Congratulations Connor!!! I've never heard of skimboarding before - looks amazing! My 15yr old, Lindsay, would love it!

:)

Guest TerryGreen

Very cool Tawnya ... and what an absolute cutie!

That looks really interesting.

Congratulations Connor!

Now you can thank your mom for "wanting to get rid of you for a week" - lol.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Congrats Connor!

It looks like a fun sport, though it would be a little unnerving as a mom. Sending them to public school in the states seems more dangerous now days though so I wouldn't let it panic me to much.

Has to be a welcome relief to have someone else footing the bill as I'm sure that equipment isn't cheap it never is.

All my best :)

Guest Kathy Zengolewicz

Hi Tawnya,

Tell Connor Congrats!!! Such a nice looking boy.

Yes Tawnya, you will sit back and worry now. I have 4 boys, all grown now, who participated in Football. I bit my nails down to the quick, spent time in hospital emergency rooms but it's great to see them doing something they love. (My hair is completely white now. lol)

Kathy Z

Wow Tawnya, what a handsome young man you have there. You have every right to be proud. I love his Life Philosophy "Persistence".

Hmmm, another entrepreneur in the making ?!?!

Caroline

Hi Tawnya,

Tell Connor Congrats!!! Such a nice looking boy.

Yes Tawnya, you will sit back and worry now. I have 4 boys, all grown now, who participated in Football. I bit my nails down to the quick, spent time in hospital emergency rooms but it's great to see them doing something they love. (My hair is completely white now. lol)

Kathy Z

Too funny Kathy! Speaking of football, he started highschool this year (grade 8) and guess what the first sport he joined was? FOOTBALL!!! He said he wanted to learn to be more agreesive for hockey season since he is a bit of a floater/center/wayne gretskey type hockey player and waits for puck to come to him. He actually doesn't like it much though but who knows by the time the season is over. He is a really fast runner (takes after mom, that is what I was good in track. My best time was 12.5 secs for 100Meter run ).

Wow Tawnya, what a handsome young man you have there. You have every right to be proud. I love his Life Philosophy "Persistence".

Caroline

Possibly. I'm excited for him to get home today. We actually have two offices here on the main floor and one we gave him a corner of. The neighbours had an old metal desk with drawers outside for garbage and Arnie grabbed it to give him a desk of his own. So he has the office, just needs the ideas. His brother and him may do some T-shirts and stuff. His older brother Ryan loves snowboarding and Connor loves skimboarding. They want to sell hoodies and stuff to their friends but are trying to think up a logo like "RCboardz" or something. Who knows? They are both typically lazy teenagers who also want everything handed down to them on a silver (preferably gold) platter ;)

"mom wanted to get rid of me"... I LOVE it and man, he looks like you! How fun!

Yes, his true loving traits are showing ;)

Caroline

I don't know where that came from and kinda chuckled when I read that part. Persistence is not what I think of when I think of him ;)

vainsiders.jpg