Hi there! My name is Kirstie and I'm just starting out. I've provided office support in one form or another for several years and have recently decided to stay home with my newborn son. I'm expecting it to be slow going in the beginning - both due to my son's schedule and building up a client base - but I'm hoping to amass a decent client base within a year's time. Hopefully this site will help me reach my goal! :D

Welcome Kirstie!

Congrats on your son, and what will hopefully be a successful career!

You've found a wonderful site, there's a great sense of community here and a wealth of information. I encourage you to spend some time viewing the archives as questions you didn't even realize you should be asking are answered there. If you do have any lingering and a search won't find you an answer though speak up. We're all more than happy to help out!

All my best :)

Welcome Kirstie!

As Brandy said, this is a fantastic forum and your best bet is to start reading the archives. There is so much information here. Your head will be swimming :).

Congratulations on your new baby and your new business!

I look forward to getting to know you.

Patty

Guest AnnaLisa Michalski

Hi Kirstie, and welcome to the forum!

Brandy and Patty are so right. Jump in and read, read, read, and holler when you have questions. People here are so helpful!

I wish you much success with your new venture--as well as your new role as mommy!

Welcome Kristie! You will find there are a lot of Mommies in this forum who are running very successful VA businesses. Just jump right in and start reading... there's a lot to learn in here!

:welcome:

Hi Kirstie,

While I may not be a mommy (obvious, eh? :blush: ), I do have kids of my own and sure know how wonderful it is to be blessed with children (man I love this life! :D ). Congratulations on taking on this business on a full-time level. More power to you!

Gabs

Welcome Kirstie! :welcome:

I'm glad you found us! You're going to love it here!

Congratulations on your new little bundle of joy, and good luck in your new venture!

Best wishes! :)

Angela

Congratulations on your new arrival and starting up your own business!

You will find PLENTY of information, but as said...ask if you don't see the answer you are looking for. Many wonderful gurus walk this side of town! :)

Enjoy your little one while he's little because they grow so fast right before your eyes!! :)

Hi Kirstie and welcome. I started my business 33 weeks pregnant with my third child and so I know what it's like trying to build a business with little ones. Good luck and remember to ask questions when you need to. As the others have already said, the community here are very open, sharing and knowledgable.

Kylie

Welcome Kirstie and congratulations! I wish such an opportunity was available when I was having my kids! However, I began almost 13 years ago when my eldest was just reaching high school so was home for all their teen years - those years are just as important as the first years. And the girls learnt so much with all this equipment at home and their mum to show them. They are all grown up now, 2 married, but I believe that they benefitted much by my being here!

Enjoy!

Welcom Kirstie!

I am a mommy with a 15 month old daughter. It is very challenging, but where there's a will, there's a way. Few things in life are as motivational as a baby. As soon as she was born, I had this drive to start a business to stay home with her.

Your site is beautiful, by the way! Congratulations on your two new babies :) I wish you the best of luck and look forward to getting to know you better.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!! Just through perusal, I've gotten so many useful ideas and tips on website design, software and marketing! I'm looking forward to spending time here! :yay: