Sign in to follow this  
xpress assistant

billing for attorneys??

I was previously a legal assistant before starting my VA business and still continue to do the billing (billing clients for time & expense) for my previous employer. Are there any other VAs who do attorney billing? If so, what are you using for software? I ask because I'm wondering if it's feasible to offer this service for additional attorneys. I haven't devled too deeply into the software I'm currently using for billing but I'm not sure if I'd be able to use it for additional clients.

Guest Danielle

I'm still in-house on this front and I don't know if it's how antiquated my workplace is or what the standard is, but I do my accounts in MS Word from PC Law printouts (where the dockets are entered).

It's a sad state of affairs but most of my work is duplication from PC Law printouts.... so really in my case all you really need is MS Word.

Dunno if this helps, but you do get better looking and more customized bills than in PC Law.

Aside from that, if you were entering the dockets yourself into the software of your choice, I'm sure you'd have a greater range of freedom with your product.

I say do it. It's the most zen and enjoyable part of my work. As long as the lawyer gives the bill a once over before going out, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Edited by Danielle