Sign in to follow this  
Tawnya Sutherland

I do not like to move!

So I got back from the Dallas VA convention to some news I didn't want to hear. We have to move again since our landlord wants to move in here. I love this dang place!!! The joys of renting! It is so expensive to buy here with 2 bedroom townhouses starting at $300K. Rent though I've found will cost us anywhere from $1400-$2300 a month so we applied to see about getting a mortgage and buying. Our landlord is great though and is allowing us to stay for 3-4 months giving us lots of time to find something. Moving is so expensive around here! I counted up since I moved and got separated from ex that this will be my 9th move since 1997 :blink: I'm an ole expert at packing anymore but it is still stressful and hard on kids each time.

Now, for some good news, reason I am trying to lose 20lbs is because I want to fit into that bikini when I'm on my 7 day cruise with my 3 kids and Arnie in the Carribean January 7-14th! I have never been able to take my kids on a family vacation since I've always been strapped and just getting by. Finally the fruits of my labour are paying off and we will all be stuck on a Carnival cruise together at last ;) I figured a cruise would be the best way to introduce my kids to travelling since they have never done any yet.

Here is our intinerary: We are doing the Eastern Carribean

Anyhow, I know I've not been around much but that is because I spend 1/3 of my day hunting down a place to live that will support my office space I've grown accustomed to ;)

Wow, that's kinda hard. I've also had my share of moving from one house to another during my teen years. Wasn't the most pleasant of activities to be doing.

Hope you find a better house for you and your family, Tawnya. Keep us posted...

....including with your Carribean cruise! (drooling with envy :) )

Gabs

I wish I was going on a cruise to the Carribean in January!

As for the move, I don't live in a huge city, but it is decent in size. When I was growing up, we moved just about every year. I went to 13 different schools before I graduated high school! :wacko: And all these moves were in the same city, just different areas.

Keep us posted!

I too got bounced around quite a bit as a child, and am ohhhhhhh so thankful to have put down roots now. When I bought this place I managed a relocation company so I had a full scale professional move at cost and took advantage of every service we offered. I was just thinking the other day how much of a pain it will be if I ever decide to move again, especially since I've taken a liking to all the items movers hate to handle LOL!

I'm sure you'll find something to your liking, and it's nice that you have time. As long as you're closer to the school the kids should be happy and it'll make your life that much easier too.... Not that you don't already know this, but they say moving is the third most stressful event you can be faced with, it comes in behind the death of a loved one and divorce..... I don't know about you, but for me divorce was a cake walk compared to moving :)

The cruise will be a great way to bond leading up to the stressful event and I'm sure you'll have the incredible time you so much deserve.

I LOVE to move. Generally speaking everytime I needed to clean out the storage room or re-paint I would just move instead. Now we've been in our house for over 3 years and I'm getting antsy.

Hey Tawnya, I went and looked at the itinerary and it says that the ship leaves on January 6. I just want to make sure what ship you're going on in case we decide to surprise you!!!

I LOVE to move. Generally speaking everytime I needed to clean out the storage room or re-paint I would just move instead. Now we've been in our house for over 3 years and I'm getting antsy.

Hey Tawnya, I went and looked at the itinerary and it says that the ship leaves on January 6. I just want to make sure what ship you're going on in case we decide to surprise you!!!

Just move your furniture around a little Elayne. It'll drive your family crazy and you'll feel like you're in a new house ;).

BTW - Did you get Tawnya's cc # so that you can charge all of our trips on it :D ?

Just move your furniture around a little Elayne. It'll drive your family crazy and you'll feel like you're in a new house ;).

LOL, that's what my wife does all the time. Whenever I fly back home to visit my family, the living room would always look different, which begs me to joke "I must be on the wrong house!". :lol: .

As an Army Brat I feel your pain on moving....that's why I bought this place and I'm staying until Sam at least is done with elementary school.... :)

Hang in there...you'll find something FANTABULOUS!!! :)

And good luck with the weight loss...you can do it!!!