Hi everyone!

Came across this article yesterday and thought you might want to take a look at this: Paypal is giving away $20 rebates for its users from November 23 this year to May 15 next year. I know I know, Paypal's website says that services aren't included in the deal, but think about it: a project for a press release article or a website package can be promoted as an electronic product, right?

Wouldn't hurt to consider how we can use this to promote and/or increase our businesses this Yuletide season...uhm, in the wake of Paypal fending off Google's free Checkout promotion as well (isn't competition great? :D )

Penny for your thoughts! (yeah, I miss that song...)

Gabs

• Virtual Assistant Career

Wouldn't hurt to consider how we can use this to promote and/or increase our businesses this Yuletide season...uhm, in the wake of Paypal fending off Google's free Checkout promotion as well (isn't competition great? :D )

Gabs

I am running to do a search here on Google's free Checkout promotion. Why? Well I sent in two questions to Paypal last week and finally received an email today for one of them. Know what it said? We are sending you this email...yada yada...because we don't have time to respond to it and if you want an answer, call this number. May I add that the number isn't even toll free??? Geesh!!!!!!! I went to click reply to the email and find out it is one of those emails you can't reply to. So I pick up the phone to talk to Paypal and the guy who answered was named "Happy" and trust me he wanted to be happy at this point because I was in no mood to be nice LOL! Anyhow, nothing was resolved for me with Paypal and after 20 minutes of long distance, I gave up and said good bye to go and try and resolve my own issue.

Ok...off to research Google's free Checkout promotion....thanks Gabs!

Ok...off to research Google's free Checkout promotion....thanks Gabs!

Darn! Only available to US and not to Canadians yet! All you Canadians out there, email them and tell them we want it here too...they didn't even have us on their drop down list :(

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Tawnya,

ROFL! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Too bad Paypal couldn't do a better job of providing useful customer service to you. I was looking forward to this incentive, but after hearing your story, I guess I'll have to lower my expectations, if not abandon them altogether.

As for Google's Checkout, quite disappointed really. They may have their reasons, but I wish they could have waited a little longer to roll out the service so that more people could benefit from it. Ah well, maybe next year. :)

Gabs

Wow - Tawnya! Guess I know what I have to look forward too, I am two emails in for a problem (of my own doing, but still....) I refuse to make the phone call, even though that's what dbf mutters each time he walks by and sees me messing with PayPal "gonna take a phone call, ya know" No, I don't know, I won't do it. LOL

ARrrgh, TGIF!

• Virtual Assistant Career

I just sent in another email question to Paypal and once again, this is their response....I have to call them!!! How irking!

Due to an increase in seasonal email volumes, we may not have been able to answer your email.

If your inquiry has not been resolved or you have further questions regarding your PayPal account please call 1-402-938-3531.

Thank you for choosing PayPal!

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Funny, I also get the same response whenever I send inquiries by email. Ah, such is the level of customer service when you're a big company now. Makes you wonder if those volumes of email that they claim takes so much of their time are even real....

Gabs

Don't fret "Big T", I have contacted PayPal also on a couple of occasions and they give us Americans the same crappy customer support. It is nothing personal. I have never called them again after the last "fiasco".

But as far as the special offer goes, maybe it is personal because everyone knows that Americans are the richest Bastards in the world and you Canadians....well......enuf said.

Maybe if Canada would try to take over the world like the U.S., you would get special offers too. Emailing and phone calls are for pussies…you need to go out and kick some ass in some other countries.

Did I just go off on some weird tangent?

That is my 37 cents worth.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.