Sign in to follow this  
Guest TankeryankerII

Problems with GoDaddy

Guest TankeryankerII

I have been trying to upload my new Web site for almost two weeks. GoDaddy recognizes that the problem is on their end. I am using FrontPage and when ever I go to upload my site, FrontPage gives me the error box saying that FrontPage extensions have not been installed on my Web Host's server.

Last night, I told GoDaddy that I am giving them one last shot at this before asking for my one-year hosting fees back. This morning, I received this in my email,

Thank you for contacting hosting support.

We have manually reinstalled your FrontPage extensions. Please recalculate all hyperlinks and then republish your website to resolve any issues that you may be experiencing.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

What do they mean by "recalculate all hyperlinks" ( I understand the republish part)?

Hi,

Open your website in FP and under "tools" there's an option to "recalculate hyperlinks".

Kimmer :D

Kimmer beat me to it! But yes, that's exactly what it means. Probably good to do an explore of all your menus in Frontpage so you can see what's there - you'll find some useful items.

By the way - if you aren't using forms in Frontpage, you might be able to upload just using the FTP facility that FP has.

Good luck!

Guest TankeryankerII

I recalculated but I still get the error.

Figures, the website that I did for a class gave me no trouble, but the website for my bread and butter is testing my patience (and teaching me a lot also). :blink:

I had a similar problem a while back and didn't get much help from my service provider. In the end I did a google search and a suggestion of disabling any virus software before you load the website strangely enough worked . . . maybe worth giving this a go ?

Good luck!

Guest TankeryankerII

What is the deal with using FTP if you have forms?

Call the support people and they will walk you through a lot. It is your nickle, but I've found it to be worth every cent!

Ask them about publishing in both FTP and FP extensions. I don't think that works very well.