I have in my hot sweaty hands Office 2007 and am itching to install it and start using it. But, none of my clients yet have 2007 and I am concerned with backwards compatability with 2003.

Anybody here using it and trading documents with a 2003 user? Any comments good, bad or indifferent about it? I'm sure I could go to Microsoft's website and get their view on it, but I'd rather hear real world users' views

Thank you.

I second Yvonne's request for "real-world" input on backwards/forwards compatibility.

I have a client who's about to move to Office 2007, but I'm not yet ready to make the move from Office 2003.

Will be very interested in everyone's comments ...

Ramona

Guest intouchva

Ditto what Crystal said. I have it and LOVE it. It has a save as option to save as 97-03 format. Tear off the shrink wrap and install it. You won't be sorry you did!!!

Thanks I really appreciate the info.

I was fairly sure it would be fine, which is why I went ahead and bought it. But you know there's a world of difference between handing over your card to pay for something and actually putting the disk into your computer and trusting everything is going to work out OK. I just needed that little bit of extra confidence. Even so, I think I'll leave it until Friday night to install it :rolleyes: Crikey, I must be getting old, this is so unlike me. I'm normally a dive in, get it done now, and deal with the consequences later kind of person!

Hi Yvonne,

I have to echo everyone else's sentiments. I had the beta version of Office 2007 which I used for over 6 months and was then lucky enough to attend one of the launch events and receive a free Suite of Office 2007. I love it and was so glad I didn't have to revert back to 2003 version.

It is backwards compatible, even with a Mac version of Word 2003.

One thing that's a priceless tip (was for me anyway) when you want to do sometime, right click is almost always the answer. Even more so than in previous versions.

My desktop was dying and I had to purchase a new one but couldn't get it without Vista---now this is a huge difference and more than a challenge...I would have liked to wait but I bit the bullet and am working through these challenges. :unsure:

Guest codadiva

I'm looking to upgrade. Before working on my own, I didn't need Excel, powerpoint on my home compter. Now I need it.

I'm about to buy the MS 2007, I see some "deals" on ebay. Would you buy from EBAY? I know you run the same risk as any other bad transaction, but just wondered your opions.

Since I don't have any of the programs... does this mean I should get the Full Version correct?

Lisa

Guest coxadmin

Personally I wouldn't touch Ebay for software - you just can't be sure it's legitimate. I prefer to buy from recognised shops like Amazon. When I bought Office 2007 from Amazon it was the best price I could find online or offline.

I agree with Lynn, I wouldn't buy this kind of software from EBay either. But I do believe others here have done so with no problems, so perhaps someone with experience with doing this will respond.

Guest Virtual Horizons

Lisa,

Check out this thread under 'Virtual Assistant Trade, Barter, Sell or Just Giveaway'...you might just find your great deal!

Hi Everyone :) ... I have a brand new sealed (RETAIL) MS Office Professional 2007. I purchased my own version back in March, but before that I was complaining to some family members that I wanted it, but it was not yet within my budget. I never told them that I purchased it and it figures, my birthday comes and what do i get? MS Office Professional 2007... LOL. Anyway I didn’t want to say I already have it being that I was complaining so much so I kept it. Now I have this new one sitting here:(. I can’t see it go to waste so I want to sell it. My asking price was $390.00.. However I am willing to negotiate the best offer I get. If anyone is interested please feel free to contact me.

Personally I wouldn't touch Ebay for software - you just can't be sure it's legitimate. I prefer to buy from recognised shops like Amazon. When I bought Office 2007 from Amazon it was the best price I could find online or offline.

I would also be cautious about buying used software from Amazon, as I got burned that way last year. Unfortunately I didn't realize I'd purchased an illegal copy until it was too late to do anything about it. :angry:

Guest coxadmin

I would also be cautious about buying used software from Amazon, as I got burned that way last year. Unfortunately I didn't realize I'd purchased an illegal copy until it was too late to do anything about it. :angry:

I should clarify that I meant new from Amazon itself.

I have an AA from my local community college in NJ and found while there 6 years ago that they sale office prof. w/business contacts for $200. I got 2003 from there as well (I was working on my BA online and needed it after hurricane katrina wiped me out I was living in MS) by getting someone who is a student there to go with me to the bookstore and buy it. Not all community colleges sale it at a discount but you never know...

I have an AA from my local community college in NJ and found while there 6 years ago that they sale office prof. w/business contacts for $200. I got 2003 from there as well (I was working on my BA online and needed it after hurricane katrina wiped me out I was living in MS) by getting someone who is a student there to go with me to the bookstore and buy it. Not all community colleges sale it at a discount but you never know...

I am currently a community college student and I was able to purchase 2007 Professional Suite for $85 several months ago which included full 2003 version while waiting for 2007 release (it's in the mail and I can't wait to get it!!). Sometimes the software is also available to the public. Here's the link to check out Journey Ed and they still have the deal going!

Take care,