Hi Everybody!

One of my clients is very interested in using the above website. I was wondering what you could tell me about it and how is the best ways to use it? My client is looking for website traffic information and things like that... I heard some people say that it's great, but I also heard that it only works with website tracking and statistics with only other websites that have the toolbar because they "talk to each other"...

Anybody has more information on this?

Let me know! Thanks.

Maria,

Hi Maria,

Alexa gives some useful information like... what sites are linked to a certain site, whether these sites are authorative in nature, what other sites people visit and a "slight" estimation of incoming traffic.

The problem though as you state is that not all sites have a profile on Alexa therefore their stats are highly skewed... I'm not sure how many sites they have in their database but considering the billions of sites online it would be a very small percentage.

Cheers, Chris.

Edited by ChrisTaylor

I was going to dowlaod the Alexa toolbar for an SEO optimization project and my anit-virus software went nutso!! It would not even let me override it without just turning it off. So I just didn't download it because in order for me to use it I would have to deactivate my virus control and I don't want to do that. That is juts my personal experience. I am sure that if others say that it is safe and that is the general consensus, then I believe them, it just didn't work for me :)