Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tina Renee

Subcontractor

Guest Tina Renee

I would like to become a subcontractor. How do I go about this?

I currently am subcontracted to by two different VA's. One is weekly, one is on occasion, and then I have clients, and pursue clients on my own. I got both subcontracts thru forums, this one and a Canadian one, by responding to RFP's. My advice is this:

1. go thru the achives of posts regarding this subject, you will learn that there are a lot of issues that arise from hiring a subcontrator, one is a trust issue. With both of my subcontract positions I have been provided info that would allow me to contact the client on my own, thus being able to solicit work independent of my "boss" (for lack of better words). But in both cases my "bosses" trust that I would not do that. I value both of them too much as mentors, and I value my reputation.

2. network, network, network. Other VA's are not going to trust just anyone with their reputation. They have spent a lot of time building their business.

3. When applying for subcontract RFP's, approach them formally, not a casual "hey can we work together". They are business owners, and should be respected in that capacity. As much as this forum is a lot of fun, and we all joke around, business is business. They want to see your professionalism.

Be patient, but don't neglect the possibility of still building your own clientele.

Best of luck

Cheryl

Guest Tina Renee
I would like to become a subcontractor. How do I go about this?

Thanks so much for your reply Cheryl. I do have a wonderful reference as to my professionalism and character from our local Chamber of Commerce, as I worked for them for 3 years. It is a very large and very professional Chamber. Would that help me with my edeavors?

Tina,

I suggest that if you want to be a subcontractor for VAs that you network. Read through the posts and the respond. Show others what you can do.

I am actually a subcontractor for quite a few VAs. They've started calling me the "VA to VAs". I love it! I enjoy what I do.

Good luck!

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Guest maryanne
Tina,

I suggest that if you want to be a subcontractor for VAs that you network. Read through the posts and the respond. Show others what you can do.

I am actually a subcontractor for quite a few VAs. They've started calling me the "VA to VAs". I love it! I enjoy what I do.

Good luck!

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I am retired and my husband and I travel full time. I'm looking for something to do that will also bring in some income.

With a reliable computer and Internet connection, plus my extensive experience in administrative support, this could be the answer. Since I'm only interested in either part time or full time (but temporary) assignments, I'd be no threat to anyone.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey Tina, what part of Texas are you from? A few VAs in the Houston area are trying to get together for lunch next week. Just thought you might like to join if your in the area.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.