Sign in to follow this  
SteveLvNv

Can you help me get started?

I am recently unemployed and am looking for work, part time or full time. I recently joined this site after reading about it in Reader's Digest.

I have no idea how to get clients and was looking for someone who is looking to pay me to do data entry or research etc. Can you help?

Well, Steve, the biggest question is, are you looking for a work at home job or are you looking to start your own business? Most virtual assistants here have started their own business (almost all, actually). What's involved is all the things that one would do for any business, setting up the structure, gathering equipment, and marketing. For a work at home job, there's a few around, depending on what you are experienced in.

If you are looking to start a business, then read all the archives here. You will get so many ideas that your head will swim. At that point, you can check out Angela Smith's Free Master To-Do List http://www.accu-assist.com/master-to-do-list.htm which will get you started on the right track.

If you're just looking for a work at home job, then this probably isn't the best place to be, although maybe someone here can point you in the right direction.

Make sure to check out the Request for Proposal forum - there are new jobs being listed constantly!

You can also have email replies sent to you when new jobs are posted. Click on the upper right hand button that says "Forum Options" and click "Subscribe to Forum" to have those sent your way.

Then do a search on "request for proposal" and look for some handy suggestions on how best to reply to get a client!

Stick around...read...you'll see many tips and tricks for starting up. You can also subcontract through a company as a stepping stone!

Good luck!

Steve,

First off, I'm glad to see that you found us.

Secondly, if you go to this link RFP forum, you will see various RFPs. We have RFPs come in quite a bit.

Read through the forum and please ask questions. No question is ever stupid and we all love to help out.

Patty Dost

Time Is Of The Es-Cents . . . Saving Your Business Time and Money ~~~ Virtually

Interested in Subcontracting with Virtual Assistants? Here's the ebook that will assist you.....The VAs VA

QUESTION :: What do VAs do when they've got big plans but don't know where to start?

ANSWER :: They download the VAnetworking Kick Start Package!

It's FREE :: It's FUN :: And you'll get something DONE :: Download yours now.

Hi Steve

:welcome:

Grab your beverage of choice and start reading all the archived post. You will find plenty of information to help you make the decision of whether you are just looking for part-time work or actually starting a business.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.