Sign in to follow this  
Diana

Wall Street Journal

Hi

Good news. Virtual Assistants are in the news again. This time in the Wall Street Journal. It's an awesome article too. It's not live yet, so I can't send a link .. but as soon as it is, I will.

It's a Q&A from columnist Sue Shellenbarger and someone asked a question about working from home. She recommended starting a Virtual Assistant Business and then mentioned two books to consider: Virtual Assistant the Series: Become a Highly Successful Virtual Assistant (YES!!!!) and The 2 Second Commute.

Isn't that fabulous!! She also mentioned Paul and Sarah Edwards, which we will get the catch to talk with soon at the conference, and my good friends Pat and Ellen the mompreneurs.

Anyway, back to work.

Thanks!

Great news, Diana!

I also noticed there was a whole page on CNN.com today about working from home. The possibility of being a VA was mentioned a couple of times. Unfortunately, I didn't see them note any books or sites to visit but I'm sure a lot of people will be Googling "Virtual Assistant" behind that.

Wow, that's great Diana! I can't wait to read the article.

I'm also going to check out CNN.com Sarah! It's so great that the industry is getting this much attention. (It's about time, in my opinion. :) )

Edited by dkm34

Hi

Thanks! Wow that's great with CNN. Do you happen to have the link. I'm going to try and find it too.

Is the VA Industry rocking or what. This is really fun!

Hi

Thanks! Wow that's great with CNN. Do you happen to have the link. I'm going to try and find it too.

Is the VA Industry rocking or what. This is really fun!

Here's the link to the main page on work at home info: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/work.at.home/.

This story is all about being a VA: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/27/offsite.p...ting/index.html.

This story points to it as an option: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/Careers/04/27/c...jobs/index.html.

Guest The Edge VA

The link to Maria Thompson's website in that article is either incorrect or she is no longer in business. I got a holding page although at the bottom it says that the article is a reprint from 2003. Would have been fantastic for a big group like CNN to do a new follow-up article instead of reposting an old one when the VA isn't even in business anymore.

The link to Maria Thompson's website in that article is either incorrect or she is no longer in business. I got a holding page although at the bottom it says that the article is a reprint from 2003. Would have been fantastic for a big group like CNN to do a new follow-up article instead of reposting an old one when the VA isn't even in business anymore.

Great point. I totally agree.

Wow! First Reader's Digest and now The Wall Street Journal. Thank you Diana for all the work you do to keep our industry in the news. It is very much appreciated by all of us.

That is outstanding Diana! Way to go!

Having your book mentioned is terrific coverage! I know I have it and loved it! A fantastic resource for anyone getting started in the VA industry.

Anita

Hi

Thanks so much!! It's so neat to see so many have read it. Of course, we were very fortunate that Tawnya included it in her kit. Yeah Tawnya!!!

I know Karen Reddick is scheduled to show on NBC soon. That's going to be fabulous too. They've already filmed it, she's just waiting for an air date.

So guys, now is the time to get your press releases out there. VAs are gaining attention, let people know about your business and the niche you offer.

Thanks!

So guys, now is the time to get your press releases out there. VAs are gaining attention, let people know about your business and the niche you offer.

Thanks!

Yes - so for those of you who are looking for a topic to use during our PR workshops - here you go!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.