Affiliate Programs

I'm just wondering if affiliate programs can be a nice way to make passive income, or if its really more trouble than its worth. I have never really considered them before, but there are some that are beginning to peak my interest. I was hoping someone could fill me in on their success or experience with them..?

Thanks!

Guest TerryGreen

They most definitely are worth it, and really aren't any trouble at all. All you have to do is put them up on your website or blog with the affiliate link, include them in your ezine or in your email signature, and, depending on the affiliate, send out an email or two promoting them.

Hi

This is one area that I'd love to get better at. I was talking with Joan Stewart preparing for our teleseminar this Thursday and she was saying how she got so involved in affiliates two years ago when every day she would go to her mailbox and there were checks. Wouldn't that be awesome.

I do think there is great potential in them. And passive income. Making money while you sleep. I think the important thing is to do it right. I think if you have something on your site with a testimonal from you or something that says "you truly believe in it." Also, not just have a bunch of everything from everywhere. I know when I see affilaite sites like that it's a real turnoff.

Thanks!

If you have the traffic and can learn how to organize and work the affiliate programs, they can be very lucrative.

One program I love that I wouldn't be without is Affiliate Manager Software. It organizes, keeps tracks of all my affiliates, links, login areas, passwords, usernames and even the originating email I get on the affiliate signup. Great program and if you are going to do any affiliate work, you gotta have it, trust me on this one! ;)

vainsiders.jpg

Guest intouchva
If you have the traffic and can learn how to organize and work the affiliate programs, they can be very lucrative.

One program I love that I wouldn't be without is Affiliate Manager Software. It organizes, keeps tracks of all my affiliates, links, login areas, passwords, usernames and even the originating email I get on the affiliate signup. Great program and if you are going to do any affiliate work, you gotta have it, trust me on this one! ;)

Thanks for the info Tawnya!

Thanks for the great advice and tips...I'll be sure to hang onto this thread. Tawnya, you brought up a great point about website traffic, and at this point, I may not quite be there yet, but hey it doesn't cost you to have a link I guess.... :whistlin:

Thanks for the great advice and tips...I'll be sure to hang onto this thread. Tawnya, you brought up a great point about website traffic, and at this point, I may not quite be there yet, but hey it doesn't cost you to have a link I guess.... :whistlin:

You have to weigh out the cost of paying your webdeveloper on adding the affiliate link to your website. If you are your own developer then it just costs your time so worth putting on your website.

You also have to choose your affiliate programs wisely that you work with. For example, VANA is an affiliate for Amazon.com yet we've only ever made $8 total from that affiliate program in 4 years. To top it off, we get a payout in the form of an US based Amazon gift certificate (which really doesn't benefit me living in Canada) once we reach $10 so VANA has never had a payout from this affiliate program and its a ton of work adding books here and there.

Then compare to our VANA affiliate program. It pays out every sale (no minimum payout), plus your payout is up to $75 USD per sale so it makes it worthwhile selling from this affiliate program.

In the end, your time is money and setting up the affiliate programs all take time so choose wisely.

T.

vainsiders.jpg

I realize this thread is dusty old but I am investigating which affiliate program to use. Currently, I have an account with Commission Junction. When I login to the site with my robo-form info, everything is fine but when I try to move around in the site, it asks me to login again and fails. I have tried to fix this numerous times and have decided that since I have not made any money with it, I would like to move on.

Can anyone suggest a site that is easy to use and has affiliate programs with Travelocity, Intuit, and the rest of the "big names" out there?

Janet, I have had some success with affiliate programs for products which I believe in. Early in my interest in affiliation, another VA said she specifically told about products or services that she could support and she found a sweet stream of income that she felt paid for her hosting costs, or some other certain costs.

That has been my experience. I don't push my affiliate interests very much, but there are a few that steadily sell. I have had an account at Commission Junction, but didn't quite understand how it could benefit me. I affiliate with VAnetworking, a few writers whose works I can give a good testimonial, Amazon, Google adsense, my webhost and some theme sites.

Thanks Judy! This is exactly what I want to do - Promote products that I believe in. I am an affiliate with Tawnya's programs, Craig Canning's services, Intuit, Travelocity. What I am looking for is a site like Commission Junction that may be easier to use. I have had nothing but trouble with staying logged in to Commission Junction, therefore, I avoid going there and grabbing the links. Is there another site that is easier to use?

What I do is just find the products I believe it then sign up for their programs - no matter who their program is through. Sometimes they run it themselves, sometimes it's Commission Junction (which I've never had a problem navigating), LinkShare, e-junkie, etc. (There are literally thousands of affiliate management systems out there). Usually if you can't find an affiliate program link on the product/service's web site you can google "(insert product) affiliate program" and it'll bring it up if they have one.

What I do is just find the products I believe it then sign up for their programs - no matter who their program is through. Sometimes they run it themselves, sometimes it's Commission Junction (which I've never had a problem navigating), LinkShare, e-junkie, etc. (There are literally thousands of affiliate management systems out there). Usually if you can't find an affiliate program link on the product/service's web site you can google "(insert product) affiliate program" and it'll bring it up if they have one.

I am interested in getting into some affiliate programs, Has anyone had experience pursuing products that do not have programs set up? I am not sure how to go about contacting a companies to see if they would be interested and if so, how to set them up.

I am interested in getting into some affiliate programs, Has anyone had experience pursuing products that do not have programs set up? I am not sure how to go about contacting a companies to see if they would be interested and if so, how to set them up.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you wanting to try to set up affiliate programs for other companies and become an affiliate manager or are you wanting to contact companies who have products but no affiliate program to see if that's something they'll be setting up in the future so you can become their affiliate for their product?

Like Sherra I have never had any problem navigating commission junction, but as she commented on there are tons of affiliate places, but of all the ones that have major names and brands and for me easy to navigate and have a great customer service or support desk was Linkshare. I seen when you are in a place and they have an affiliate link it directs you to commission junction, linkshare and I have even seen shareasale. But again personally I like Linkshare.

If you live close to Atlanta, there is an excellent 3 day workshop called Niche Affiliate Marketing System Workshop (NAMS). I've attended the past two years and loved it. They focus on teaching you affiliate marketing techniques and strategies.

http://VAnetworking.com/nams

vainsiders.jpg