salterva

Whoo Hoo! I'm Certified!

Congratulations on getting certified Karen. Thank you PLS for mentioning the link to get the free version of Quickbook. As a new VA I was looking into an accounting program and this definitely fits the bill. I've never used this before so I am going to tackle the tutorials first and then I'll work on getting certified.

This forum have definitely helped me the past few months. Thank you all.

Heather :thumbup:

Hi,

Can this certification be done on QB Simple Start. I am NO bookkeeper but wouldn`t mind expanding my knowledge whereever possible. I do have QB SS so would this be viable for me to do the training.

(ps sorry about the apostrophe`s and lack of question marks. I am using a French keyboard and don`t have time to find all the right keys.)

Thanks

Jo

You will get TONS of knowledge out of the certification program even if you're using SS. Some of the things they do in the certification program may not work in SS though (you don't have to actually have the program to do the certification...it's all on-line and demos).

I am wondering, for those of you who have taken this, how best to take notes or did you? I am not sure if I should be writing as I go thru the sessions or if that is overkill. Any thoughts?

Angie

Can you tell I'm excited! :yay: That training is long - but I thought it was really good. As someone who has used Peachtree for over 10 years and other programs before that, I wasn't concerned about being able to use Quickbooks but I thought the certification would be helpful for my "credentials". I acutally decided that I like Quickbooks better than Peachtree now!

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement and recommend the free training and certification!

Karen

Wow! Thanks for the tip. I just enrolled for the training myself. This site is teriffic!!!

Linda Carmi

I am wondering, for those of you who have taken this, how best to take notes or did you? I am not sure if I should be writing as I go thru the sessions or if that is overkill. Any thoughts?

Angie

I did not take notes (but I'm not much of a note taker anyway). If I had a question about something while I was taking the test I would just go back to the video and refresh my memory. I've even gone back to the videos review something I've had a question about in a "real life" situation. Just keep the link as a bookmark for future reference.

Guest RosieV

Congratulations!

By the way, the beta program will end on Sunday, Dec 16, 2007. Training materials and testing will not be available after that date. The new program will launch on Dec. 17. Upon launch of the new program payment will be required. If you would like to complete the training and test to become certified using this beta program, you must do so before midnight on Dec. 16.

Just go to the QuickBooks site here for additional info.

Hi

Once you start the QuickBooks certification program is there a deadline to finish it (from them). December 16th doesn't give much opportunity with the holiday season approaching. It says that it takes approximately 10-12 hours to do it but someone on the thread said they took 15 - just curious.

Jo

Guest RosieV

There normally isn't a deadline, but now, it's December 16th because that's when the beta version ends. It is about 10-12 hours. It took me about 3 days, not full days. I didn't really count the the time.

Good luck!

I didn't take notes but I've been a bookkeeper for 20 years. I've used several different software systems and they don't differ drastically.

Good Luck!

Karen