Diana

NBC Show Aired This Morning

Guest Holly

Fabulous interview!

Nice Job Karen! :thumbup:

What an incredible media breakthrough for the industry! Nice work :)

Karri

Congratulations, Karen :thumbup: Great interview. Thanks for promoting our industry.

:yay: That was a wonderful interview. It couldn't have come at a better time as I am in the process of start up. National exposure is the best help a new business can use.

This piece was excellent. Absolutely excellent.

Congrats to Karen for a job better than "well done."

We'll all benefit from that story.

Ramona

Hi

You know .... now is the time to get your press releases out there. The term VA is hot this week. People know what we are. Next week we won't see as important (only kidding!)

Let's get on the VA PR Train and go crazy!

Hi

You know .... now is the time to get your press releases out there. The term VA is hot this week. People know what we are. Next week we won't see as important (only kidding!)

Let's get on the VA PR Train and go crazy!

I sent out press releases this week. What perfect timing!!

Rita

Awesome segment! Go VA's go!!!

MLA

Guest Karen Reddick

Wow! Tawnya told me there were lots of comments about this topic and that I should stop by, but I had no idea!

Thanks to everyone for their congrats. It is exciting to feel the vibrations in the air. This exposure is exactly what the VA industry needed (and needs). I'm glad I could be the vehicle for that exposure.

I've seen a lot of comments about how relaxed I looked, but I can tell you, I was shakin' in my boots.

That day NBC pulled up in my driveway, cameras in tow, I'm pretty sure my mind went blank and was on some kind of wing and a prayer after that. They filmed for five hours with a camera about two feet from my face and at a zillion different angles and settings. At the same time, another crew was filming at my client's office in St. Louis. When Dawn Fratangelo [the news correspondent] showed up in her chauffered black town car, with perfect hair, makeup and dress, I felt like running to hide in the nearest closet!

You know what, though, everyone was very nice and so easy to be around and that helped me relax . . . a little.

Waiting for it to finally air was the hardest part, because I had told the world that I was going to be on NBC Today, and the producers told me it would air in "about two weeks." Well, two weeks went by, then a month, then Professional Admin. day went by and then International Virtual Assistant's Day went by and I had just given up and figured they had tossed it in the slush pile when I was awaken by an early morning phone call telling me the segment had already aired east coast time! I had to scramble to call people and find someone to tape it for me before it aired mountain time.

I'm delighted it finally aired and we can all ride and bask in this glory. Thanks again for all your support. Best wishes for your success.

Karen

Karen, I would have been nervous as heck too! You did a wonderful job and no nervousness showed through at all! You appeared confident throughout the whole thing like you had spoke about VAs on TV a hundred times before ;)

I can only imagine what it was like to watch it for the first time, thinking is my hair straight, was I smiling, etc? hehehe

That must have been so nerve wracking! ;)

Hi

Wow, 5 hours. I can't imagine! The wait sure was worth it. Okay, who's going to be the first to get us on Oprah! Karen since you've got the TV experience already, we'll let you do it. :thumbup: Wouldn't that be awesome. Nah ... I'm just thrilled for you to get NBC. That just rocks!

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
    Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Job Board *
    * VA Training Tracks*
    * Group Coaching *
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    *Checklist & eBooks *
    * Seminar Archives *
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

Virtual Assistant Organization Association

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Click to see your AD here!

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.