Diana

NBC Show Aired This Morning

I just have to say that seeing this on the Today Show was a jaw dropper for me. I typically get my days started by 8:45 a.m. CST and that day I was up and running before 8:00 a.m. Working at my desk, but had the Today Show on in the background. All of a sudden, this piece airs and it really got my attention. I am sitting there working for my employer "virtually" and this piece woke me up. Within 2 weeks, I spoke with my employer and asked him if he would be open to me turning the tables on him and having him become a client of mine if I started this as my own business. I had nothing to lose, and I was amazed that he responded not only favorably but also stated he would recommend me to other in his industry to help me get off the ground! Did I have any idea that there would be so much information to digest through, no way, but I am so excited to be soaking this up every day and moving closer and closer to launching this business.

Thanks to Karen for appearing so professional and calm!

Guest bevking

You looked great Karen. You didn't look nervous at all. Congrats and thanks for blazing the trail.

Bev King

Wow! Tawnya told me there were lots of comments about this topic and that I should stop by, but I had no idea!

Thanks to everyone for their congrats. It is exciting to feel the vibrations in the air. This exposure is exactly what the VA industry needed (and needs). I'm glad I could be the vehicle for that exposure.

I've seen a lot of comments about how relaxed I looked, but I can tell you, I was shakin' in my boots.

That day NBC pulled up in my driveway, cameras in tow, I'm pretty sure my mind went blank and was on some kind of wing and a prayer after that. They filmed for five hours with a camera about two feet from my face and at a zillion different angles and settings. At the same time, another crew was filming at my client's office in St. Louis. When Dawn Fratangelo [the news correspondent] showed up in her chauffered black town car, with perfect hair, makeup and dress, I felt like running to hide in the nearest closet!

You know what, though, everyone was very nice and so easy to be around and that helped me relax . . . a little.

Waiting for it to finally air was the hardest part, because I had told the world that I was going to be on NBC Today, and the producers told me it would air in "about two weeks." Well, two weeks went by, then a month, then Professional Admin. day went by and then International Virtual Assistant's Day went by and I had just given up and figured they had tossed it in the slush pile when I was awaken by an early morning phone call telling me the segment had already aired east coast time! I had to scramble to call people and find someone to tape it for me before it aired mountain time.

I'm delighted it finally aired and we can all ride and bask in this glory. Thanks again for all your support. Best wishes for your success.

Karen

Guest bevking
Wow! Tawnya told me there were lots of comments about this topic and that I should stop by, but I had no idea!

Thanks to everyone for their congrats. It is exciting to feel the vibrations in the air. This exposure is exactly what the VA industry needed (and needs). I'm glad I could be the vehicle for that exposure.

I've seen a lot of comments about how relaxed I looked, but I can tell you, I was shakin' in my boots.

That day NBC pulled up in my driveway, cameras in tow, I'm pretty sure my mind went blank and was on some kind of wing and a prayer after that. They filmed for five hours with a camera about two feet from my face and at a zillion different angles and settings. At the same time, another crew was filming at my client's office in St. Louis. When Dawn Fratangelo [the news correspondent] showed up in her chauffered black town car, with perfect hair, makeup and dress, I felt like running to hide in the nearest closet!

You know what, though, everyone was very nice and so easy to be around and that helped me relax . . . a little.

Waiting for it to finally air was the hardest part, because I had told the world that I was going to be on NBC Today, and the producers told me it would air in "about two weeks." Well, two weeks went by, then a month, then Professional Admin. day went by and then International Virtual Assistant's Day went by and I had just given up and figured they had tossed it in the slush pile when I was awaken by an early morning phone call telling me the segment had already aired east coast time! I had to scramble to call people and find someone to tape it for me before it aired mountain time.

I'm delighted it finally aired and we can all ride and bask in this glory. Thanks again for all your support. Best wishes for your success.

Karen

I just saw the tape. I know sometimes doing these interviews can make your heart beat somewhat faster, you forget a lot of stuff you want to say, or even forget who you are. I remember going on stage for the Price is Right with Bob in '05 and I thought I was in a different world. It was not real. But of course it was.

So the verdict is: ABSOLUTELY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY! CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER! :appl:

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Are You a VAinsider?
    Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Job Board *
    * VA Training Tracks*
    * Group Coaching *
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    *Checklist & eBooks *
    * Seminar Archives *
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

Virtual Assistant Organization Association

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Click to see your AD here!

Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.