Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanford.1

Young Business Development

Guest sanford.1

Young Business Development is proud to announce a new program offering virtual assistance. Along with performing basic clerical and secretarial duties, our assistants are able to produce websites, marketing materials, create logos, and much more. Young Business Development not only offers all of these services in one complete package, but also offers these services at a price that is sure to fit in any business owners's budget. Along with the ability to hire out assistants to clients in need, YBD is available for subcontracting from other VAs.

Color me confused....how is this a press release?

Hi Jennifer......I don't think this is meant to be a press release. This appears to be an announcement of services.

:angry:

Have you seen how low their rates are? The lowest is $9.00/hr and the highest is only $18.50/hr. for "Premium Service".

It upsets me that larger businesses are beginning to offer VA "service". They would have to be staffed by low paid people from the an under developed nation. It could be the virtual equivalent of a "sweatshop". I know that no one where I live would work for those kind of wages.

I hope as these types of services keep popping up, that it doesn't create a market where we have to lower our rates to match. That would not be good.

That is my rant for today. :embarrassed:

:angry:

Have you seen how low their rates are? The lowest is $9.00/hr and the highest is only $18.50/hr. for "Premium Service".

It upsets me that larger businesses are beginning to offer VA "service". They would have to be staffed by low paid people from the an under developed nation. It could be the virtual equivalent of a "sweatshop". I know that no one where I live would work for those kind of wages.

I hope as these types of services keep popping up, that it doesn't create a market where we have to lower our rates to match. That would not be good.

That is my rant for today. :embarrassed:

I'm confused.......she PM'd me asking me what services I offered and how much I charged, I'm not sure what's going on but my "radar" is up.

Am I being too "paranoid"?

Stephanie

Guest sanford.1

Hello All,

I would like to apologize for any uproar I caused. I am not a large company at all, and I don't believe sweat shops consist of people sitting in air-conditioned office buildings. With that said I would like you to know that I was previously thinking about selling to clients but have changed my mind and think selling straight to VAs will be a better fit and not disturb smaller businesses that I respect. Thank you for the opportunity to service and supplement your businesses.

Laurie

Hello All,

I would like to apologize for any uproar I caused. I am not a large company at all, and I don't believe sweat shops consist of people sitting in air-conditioned office buildings. With that said I would like you to know that I was previously thinking about selling to clients but have changed my mind and think selling straight to VAs will be a better fit and not disturb smaller businesses that I respect. Thank you for the opportunity to service and supplement your businesses.

Laurie

Yes, it appears you did cause quite the uproar! I think you implied you were a larger company by some of the things you said in your original post.

our assistants are able to produce websites, marketing materials, create logos, and much more. Young Business Development not only offers all of these services in one complete package, but also offers these services at a price that is sure to fit in any business owners's budget. Along with the ability to hire out assistants to clients in need, YBD is available for subcontracting from other VAs.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by saying 'selling straight to VAs will be a better fit'. Are you offering to subcontract your services? Is that what you are trying to promote to all of the VAs here at VANA?

I for one would be hesitant to consider your services as I don't know anything at all about you, your experience or work history. You say you do websites, do you have one that we could see?

Anita

I don't think it was an uproar, really - VAs (in general) have almost all been outbid or underbid by people in other countries where 9.00US is more than a living wage. As such, we react. I think uproar involves more cussing and fist shaking...but that's just my opinion ;)

Heck, I've been underbid (back in the day!) by someone from a rural area that had a lower standard of living than I do. Yes, I know because I emailed her and asked. I live in the Chicagoland area, and she didn't. I'm not going to get miffed at her for living rural...just like the person who lives in New York City or LA shouldn't be mad at me because my rates are lower for the same reason. There are many economic forces at play...rates are not, and should not be, standard...because every VA business offers something a little different.

Darrell - Virtual sweatshop? You make it sound like a bunch of 8 year olds huddled in a tiny, cramped, dark room using computers made out of a calculator, a car battery, and tin foil :lol:

Laurie - your marketing could use a little work. Knowing your target market, especially if it's VAs, you have to build some kind of relationship with the group before you try to sell. People buy from people...and I don't think we've really gotten a feel for who you are yet, which would make you not the top choice for subcontracting. We know that working best means having people on your team that you understand and that understand you and your work style. The lowest price doesn't always mean the best choice. But stick around. We're a fun group and you'll gain lots of great business knowledge here! Nice to meet you.

(This isn't just for you Laurie, this is just in general) Directly asking for work on the forum violates the Terms of Service because this is supposed to be a place of learning - not a sales pitch. There are many VAs on the board looking for clients. If everyone kept saying that...well...we wouldn't be able to get to the learning portion of the program :) Also this forum is public and searchable, and if you're trying to put your best foot forward with a potential client and they "Google you" to find that you need clients...they may think you're too new for them. It's so VANA can help its members look more professional...and less sad and desperate...which is really best for you and your company.

Like I said, I was in a ranting mood. I may have overstated my opinion a bit.

BTW: Do you know where I can get the plans for a computer made from a calculator, a car battery, and tin foil? ;)

Guest Chai
Like I said, I was in a ranting mood. I may have overstated my opinion a bit.

BTW: Do you know where I can get the plans for a computer made from a calculator, a car battery, and tin foil? ;)

Sounds MacGuiverish to me!! If you find one let me know, afterall I have the 9 & 12 y/o I might be able to put to work :naughty:

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.