Please Introduce Yourself

Guest TerryGreen

Okay ... here goes my re-intro:

I'm Terry L. Green, owner and president of Fastype VA Services Inc. I opened the doors to my business in 1991 as an office-based (turned home-based) secretarial and resume service serving only local clients in a very small town in Central Ohio, and now, 15 years later, Fastype is a home-based Virtual Assistance practice supporting professional speakers and coaches worldwide!

For those of you just starting out and wondering if starting your own Virtual Assistance practice is a rewarding, viable option? It most certainly is!!!! I love my clients, I have the greatest boss in the world :blush: , my husband quit his job last October and is now working at home with me :thumbup: and I'm in the process of changing the model of my business from a single VA practice to a multi-VA practice.

I love VANA and the level of comradery, friendship and support shown by all of the members!! It truly is the best and biggest networking forum around for Virtual Assistants.

Guest Arnie
:welcome:

Welcome Arnie! We love having you here!

Virtually yours,

Anita

PS. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

That's ok :naughty: I love being here too! :pirate:

Guest Simone

Hello Fran,

Looks like you are the only almost newbie. Welcome back!

I am Simone Christoph the owner of SimOne Virtual Solutions. It's wonderful to have my own business after having worked as a real estate agent for a broker. Even though, you are an independent contractor, you are never completely your own boss as a real estate agent. Funny enough, working as a subcontractor is my preferred method of doing business because I do not enjoy marketing myself. Hmmm, this probably doesn't make any sense. I just love to work and get things done.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Simone

Well, why not?

My name is Leanne Chambers, and I am the owner of both Tiny Queen Designs and Precision Legal Support. For those of you who love doing things that just don't seem to relate to each other, I am living proof that there's no need to give up on either of your passions :) I started Precision Legal Support in 2005 to provide case management services to bankruptcy trustees, but my love of web design just wouldn't be squashed. Rather than try to work web design into my paralegal practice, where it just didn't seem a good fit, I launched Tiny Queen Designs as a separate entity last year, and now I spend my days switching between drafting legal documents and mucking about with html. It's the best of all worlds!

On a non-business note, I'm a former French and German teacher from Canada who now lives in Arizona and dreams of some day moving to France. I have a terrific husband, no kids but lots of fish, and a secret passion for housecleaning -- there, I said it in public!

This post is for all those VAs who have not introduced themselves yet. Please do! Tell us who you are. It is okay if you haven't started your business yet and are just thinking about it. We still want to meet you. If you don't have a web site yet, that is okay too. If you have been reading posts here for a year and never posted anything, that's okay! But what are you waiting for?

If you have a question or some advice to offer, jump right in. You may be the one with the answer to that question.

If you are not sure where or how to start. Here is the place. Tell us your name, tell us about your business or about the business you are thinking of starting, tells us something about yourself. Just go for it! This is a supportive group.

Hi,

My name is Kate and I am thinking of starting my own business. I am also a student <older, much> at Georgia State University in the Computer Sciences area. I did get the idea after making some money writing papers, and researching topics for the "younger, writing challenged" kids. I have 2 grown boys, and now it is time for me to do what I want. I am looking into the Virtual assistant, as I live at my computer anyhow. Although it will take me some time to get the money scraped together for the kit. I want to learn as much as I can. I do have several friends who are doing this and making good money at it.

As my soon would say "nicetomeetcha". I look forward to learning and getting up the courage to "dive in".

Hi,

My name is Kate and I am thinking of starting my own business. I am also a student <older, much> at Georgia State University in the Computer Sciences area. I did get the idea after making some money writing papers, and researching topics for the "younger, writing challenged" kids. I have 2 grown boys, and now it is time for me to do what I want. I am looking into the Virtual assistant, as I live at my computer anyhow. Although it will take me some time to get the money scraped together for the kit. I want to learn as much as I can. I do have several friends who are doing this and making good money at it.

As my soon would say "nicetomeetcha". I look forward to learning and getting up the courage to "dive in".

Welcome Kate! You've come to the right place for learning and feel free to dive in at any time!

Ok, since I'm fairly new, I will re-introduce myself too.

I am Kathy, and the owner/operator of the very new Your Virtual Aide.

I've been in a secretarial position most of my life, and excelled at going into a small business and organizing it, then moving on. It's actually what I enjoyed most, so being a VA is a natural extension of that.

I just got my web site up and running, and am starting on marketing, and so far it's going extremely well. My husband and I motorcycle, so we know a ton of people from our motorcycle club, and I've started talking to people there as part of my networking. I will also be attending a BNI meeting soon to see if I can make that option fit as well. The more times I get my name out there the better my chances of success are!

I am still working part-time, but to be honest, it won't interfere with my new venture at all. I am fortunate enough to have a boss that doesn't much care what I do with my time as long as my work is done. So I will be "double-dipping". He knows about my new venture, so I'm not hiding anything from him. He is truely wonderful, and I actually have the best of both worlds.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and you all have been very helpful already. I'm hoping I can be as helpful to the "newbies" when I get to be an "old timer".

Kathy

Edited by KathyH

Well, everyone else is re-introducing themselves, so I might as well too.

My name is Darrell A. Williams and my VA practice is called Right-Hand-Man Virtual Assistant Services.

I have been in operation since March 2007 and I am currently upgrading my skills through a Legal Administrative Assistant college program.

I have worked in a lot of different areas in the past. I have over 7 years experience in administrative support positions. I have also had a couple of other businesses of my own in the past, but being a Virtual Assistant is the best fit for me and my family.

I got off to a great start here at VANA. I won 2nd place in a contest and the prize was Tawnya's VAC

This was a great start to my practice.

My website is http://www.righthandmanva.com

My email is darrell@righthandmanva.com

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions that I may be able to help you with. :)

Guest Just My Type

Hello, my name is Leslie Gasser, owner of Just My Type. I'm based in the Kansas City area. I'm the proud mother of 4 boys, ranging in age from 15 to 1 year.

I've been in business for 3 years now and really enjoy what I do. I have clients who I help virtually, and others who are local that I meet with f2f on projects.

Please visit my web site: www.justmytype-kc.com, or send me an e-mail at admin@justmytype-kc.compost-7498-1182524303_thumb.jpg

Leslie

Another re-intro. I'm Sarah Greene, owner of Greene Business Support Services. After researching the industry for several months, I decided that virtual assistance would be a perfect fit for me. I recently quit my full-time job to give me more time to focus on getting clients. Right now, I specialize in general administrative work, but am constantly increasing my skills (I recently became a Certified QuickBooks User and am working on learning accounting, I'm also interested in exploring Real Estate as a niche and will be taking some classes in that as well).

I'm so glad I found the VANA Forum because the assistance provided has been invaluable.

I'm planning on getting a professional business photo taken in the next couple of weeks but figured I'd at least post a casual photo in the meantime.

Hi everyone!

My name is Mylee Bernardo and I'm guilty of lurking for the past few months!

Although I haven't gotten my business off the ground yet, I 'officially' started Samian Office Solutions in February of this year. I'm still working full-time in Corporate America so it's been a slow but steady pace for me. My website is still under construction but I hope to have it up and running within the next few weeks.

I've gained so much knowledge from all of you on this forum and look forward to getting to know you all on the months to come!

Mylee

Thanks for all the intros and re-intros. I love it! Keep em coming!

Welcome Mylee and Leslie! :thumbup:

Okay I'm game ... I truly read most of the posts here at VANA, but don't seem to find the time to actually post a lot so this is a great way to get myself back in the "game".

My name is Yvonne Weld and I am the owner of ABLE Virtual Assistant Services. I started my business in April of 2006 and because I can no longer do it all on my own have officially added a team to help me keep up with the demands of my clients. I will be releasing the press release shortly to announce my new multi-VA practice, but for now feel free to have a preview of my new site and team. My target market is more of a geographical area then an exact profession. I market myself locally by attending and staying active in several networking groups in my area. Most of my clients are solopreneurs that are at that point in their business where they can no longer do it on their own.

I am also a Success Partner with CVAN and mentor new VAs as they start and grow their businesses.

Last, but certainly not least, I love, love, love to write and I am the author of The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Thriving Business and have a couple of other books in the works as we speak.

Edited by Yvonne Weld

My name is Tamara and I am new to this board. I am also new to virtual assitants and I have lots of questions! Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am a stay-at-mom to 3 and I am really looking forward to my own business. I'm just not sure exactly how to get started. This board seems full of information and I am ready to dig in.

Tamara

Tamara,

If you have questions, check out the archives and this link. New to VANA? 25 Things To Do Here

This will get you started and if you are looking for training you should check out the VAC advertised at the top of this page.